Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 586 times

Advertisements

Hello; I am new to the city data forums and I am here in need of some advice/help with regards to an upcoming relocation!

I got a job in Burlington, NJ and am need of a place in the surrounding area. I am looking preferably in the Bensalem and surrounding area. My starting date is April 14th and I am looking to move in somewhere during the weekend of April 12th.

I am looking for something temporary, for about 1-3 months, as I will have an additional roommate coming down during that time and can therefore look for something more permanent after that time period.

I am considering taking a room in Bristol Borough but I guess my biggest question is, does anybody know if that particular area is safe/decent? Safety is my biggest concern. Otherwise does anyone have any suggestions to a reasonably priced, safe area?

**EDIT...I have added some additional info below!...

When are you moving? ..preferably around the weekend of April 12th
Where are you coming from? ..NEPA, near Wilkes-Barre Scranton area
Why are you moving? ..job offer in Burlington, NJ
Where will you be working? ..Burlington, NJ
Have you been here yet? ..yes, but briefly. I was unable to explore much while down there!

Will you buy or rent? ..rent
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend? ..anything that is reasonably priced. it would be difficult for me to afford anything above $900/month
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up? ..either or.

Do you have a preference of living in a NJ or PA suburb? ..I am looking to stay as close to work as possible but would prefer to stay in PA.

Are you married or single? Do you have children? ..single, no children.
Do you prefer public or private schools?
Do you have pets? ..yes, one cat, that will be coming down with me eventually.
Do you want or need a yard? ..no, not necessarily.
Are you keeping a car? ..yes, I do have a car.
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? ..I don't mind activity but I do prefer an apartment that is quiet.

What do you want to be closest to?
Work ..yes!
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)..yes!
Nightlife
Train or subway stations ..if possible, not necessary.

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood? ..I mainly care about living somewhere safe...diversity doesn't bother me.

Last edited by stephanieis; 03-12-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania