Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:47 PM

11 posts, read 52,896 times

Advertisements

I LOVE State College... I just graduated from PSU and didn't want to move anywhere else. It's true about the housing, anything near downtown or campus is usually dominated by students and spoken for early.

There is no such thing as a bad area in this town and there is always something to do. I never found myself complaining of being bored.

There is always a PSU game on the weekends in the fall to tailgate for.... just make sure you are a PSU fan or become one otherwise it will be hard living. haha.

If you are looking for a location a little ways outside of State College and downtown/campus, Bellefonte is very pretty. As is Pleasant Gap and Centre Hall. Centre Hall is my favorite. Very pretty, beautiful homes, friendly people.

I would love to move back to State College now.... I miss it a lot.

LETS GO NITTANY LIONS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,372 times
Hi,
I would love to hear from someone who could provide some info re: apartments in either Bellefonte, Centre Hall, or Pleasant Gap...or any other good areas that would have rentals for a decent rate somewhere around State College. I would like to relocate from Massachusetts. Anything from an "insiders" point of view would be much appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM

11 posts, read 52,896 times
If you are looking for an apartment, you can always try the Apartment Store in downtown State College. I believe they have a website you can check out. Centre Hall is a beautiful area too but there is almost nothing around there. Bellefonte is a really cute town. I guess it depends on what you need to be near... the highway would be closer to Bellefonte but shopping, activities and entertainment are closer to Penn State/ State College.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:08 PM

587 posts, read 1,624,558 times
I went to college at Penn State and LOVED State College - it is certainly an idyllic environment for a college student (unless you hate the cold - it get's plenty cold in winter!!). I think it would be a great place to raise a family with all of the outdoor activities available, as well as the cultural and sports scene that the university provides. The town of State College is a great walking town, right across from the University - plenty of restaurants, shops, etc. I know it's "kind of isolated", but not in the sense that you can't find everything that you need on a daily basis.

Just my opinion, I wouldn't hesitate to move there if I had a good job opportunity. I can see how professional jobs, especially outside the University system would be hard to come by.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 16,640 times
Ok i have lived in state college for 23 years and can tell you there isn't a bad part of state college. remember it is college town though so there is a lot of drinking from the students but providing your not physically downtown or on the university you won't notice it. the crime is incredibly low but compared to some of the areas surrounding it it is a bit expensive to live here. bellefonte, centre hall are nice too and much cheaper to live than state college but there is that commute which can be bad during the winter. harrisburg, while you can hop on 322, is still a good 1.5hr drive. its a great place to raise kids with bike trails, plenty of parks and the people are friendly too. the mall is horrible though, youd be better off driving to altoona and visiting their mall but good luck finding a job here. pretty much the only place that hires is the university.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM

10,208 posts, read 17,859,740 times
You do realize this topic was started in 2007, right? The OP has probably already moved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania