Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,225 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving my family to trevorton, but I can't seem to find anyplaces that are vacant. Whether it is in the surrounding areas or not I would greatly appericate. We currently live in the city and we would rather live in the country. If anyone could help us that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,729 times
I just went to Realtor.com, typed in Trevorton, PA and came up with 8 listings ranging in price from $29,900 to $198,500. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 15,511 times
have you been to Trevorton before? If not i suggest going and checking it out. We drive over 2 hours just to ride our 4wheelers there on their abandoned coal 'mountains'. you can find hundreds of atv/dirtbkers there on a daily basis--10 degrees or 100. It also seems 'dirty' and dull--i'd imagine from all the coal dust...But heck, if you say you're wanting country--that is some great country and great housing prices (compared to NW burbs)! Definitely in the middle of nowhere though.

Good Luck!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM

26 posts, read 93,378 times
Quote:
I'm thinking of moving my family to trevorton,
Why??????????????????

Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM

42 posts, read 177,484 times
Selena Cross,

You ask why...I ask why not? Trevorton is a nice little town with friendly folks who sit on their porches and chat with their neighbors. I am originally from the town so I may be a tad bit biased. But, I will tell you having lived in Dauphin county (Harrisburg) and Cumberland County (Carlisle) since I was 19 these areas aren't appealing on so many levels. To begin crime is high here, as are taxes and the schools here, well let's just say you don't get your moneies worth that for certain. Schools here are so bad that after 7 years in public school we yanked our daughter out at the end of 6th grade with a "D-" average (and the SD was still going to pass her) and enrolled her in cyber-school. Within her first year (this is going on 3 years ago now) she went from "D-" to 5 A's and 1 B. This year (8th grade) she finished the school year with 4 A's and 1 B.

Our plans are to move back to Trevorton and buy back my family home. Shamokin would be better for easier access to 81 as I have a son with autism and he attends the Vista school in Hershey but Trevorton is where my family home is so Trevorton is where we plan to be.

Economically Northumberland county does lack, but frankly with the downward spiral our nation is heading in thanks to that nit-wit in the White House every one is going to be suffering soon enough. So is Trevorton an ideal situation, well no, but name one that is PERFECT. There isn't any, they all have their issues. Give me nice people for neighbors who know your name, are there in times of trouble and care over money any day of the week.

DEB

Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,729 times
Deb, there's been a lot of press lately about new autism programs in the Danville area. I'm not sure if that includes schooling or not, but it may be worth looking into for you to move back to the Trevorton area. There's even a billboard about austism programs along Route 11 between Northumberland and Danville, on the left as you're heading into Danville.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 AM

Dawn,

Yeah, I have heard of it down here. Gisenger (spelling) has an autism program that just got underway (or is about to) at the medical center. I am fuzzy on the details, but will do a search later for it. It is probably drug therapy though. I won't do that. The drug companies with their poisonous vaccines is what has triggered this epidemic. I certainly wouldn't trust them with my either of children's lives again. Our son takes supplements and between them and the vista school he is doing fabulous. As Daddy would have said: "If it ain't broke don't fix it." For now things "ain't broke". LOL

DEB

Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,754 times
Default still want to move here?

I have a house i just put on the market let me know

Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 PM

pooh123,

After doing a little research into the coal mines in Trevorton; it turns out there is at least one mine in operation. Having a child with a diagnosis of "autism" which in reality is environmental toxins and vaccine reactions I can't take the chance of bringing my family to the town. The environmental toxins in this case were being raised in a home that a coal furnace was used to heat the home. Burn off of coal is mercury vapors. That is part of what set my son up for this thing called autism. I can't come back to Trevorton. I would love to but I just can't do it. And it makes me very sad, but alas my children's health and well being is far more important than trying to recapture a piece of my history.

DEB

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,782,509 times
Some of those city-data ads are just weird. When I clicked on this thread last night something was trying to sell me on finding the best apartment complex in Centralia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania