Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 PM

44 posts, read 142,573 times

Advertisements

Here in Elk County there have been 3 major drug busts in the last 2 weeks for Bath Salts. Last year there was a murder where a guy who was on bath salts killed his girl friend. I see people walking around like Zombies every day. I just want to know how bad is the problem everywhere else in Pennsylvania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 11:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
I don't see it much down here in this area of Snyder County but I'm sure it's out there. I have a very good friend who is a probation officer up by Huntington and she says it's unbelievable how widespread the use of it is.

Everybody can thank Prohibition as it opened the doors for all these nasty dangerous synthetic drugs. More will come if this silly Prohibition goes on much longer (anybody hear of the flesh eating drug called Krokodil yet?)

Old 08-12-2014, 03:16 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,293,738 times
Josh, I remember hearing that story on the local news. I'm almost two hours away from Ridgway, but remember it fondly from years ago. It's too bad what has become of many of our nice, small towns here in Pennsy.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 PM

44 posts, read 142,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I don't see it much down here in this area of Snyder County but I'm sure it's out there. I have a very good friend who is a probation officer up by Huntington and she says it's unbelievable how widespread the use of it is.

Everybody can thank Prohibition as it opened the doors for all these nasty dangerous synthetic drugs. More will come if this silly Prohibition goes on much longer (anybody hear of the flesh eating drug called Krokodil yet?)
Yes I have heard of Krokodil It seems much worse then anything out there now!

Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
I was just visiting my parents in Elk County this past week. The area seems more depressing and hopeless every time I go back.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:08 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
4 from Elk County Bath Salts ring arrested:

4 charged in alleged bath salts ring in Elk Co. - WJAC WJACTV.com - Top Stories

Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
Looking at reports from 2011-2012 for Youngstown and NW PA, bath salts aren't real big here, at least not yet.

Abused substances from most to less are:
alcohol
probably mj tied with rx opioids for 2nd place
heroin coming in 3rd and moving up fast
crack & cocaine about evenly vying for 4th
Bath salts are very far down the list, like only 3 -5% of all abused substances.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 PM

316 posts, read 437,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post

Drug prohibition has nothing to do with it. Stupid is stupid. You have to be a special type of retarded in order to think it's a good idea to try heroin, bath salts, K2, etc.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM

316 posts, read 437,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1985 View Post
Yes I have heard of Krokodil It seems much worse then anything out there now!
Yup, and I bet the junkies around here are just itching to get their hands on it.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:39 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Drug prohibition has nothing to do with it. Stupid is stupid. You have to be a special type of retarded in order to think it's a good idea to try heroin, bath salts, K2, etc.
Things like Spice and Bath Salts were made because it's replacing an illegal drug. Spice came about as an alternative to marijuana that could be bought legally for a while. It was 1000 times more dangerous than marijuana and wouldn't be around if marijuana wasn't illegal. If drug usage was treated as a treatment/health issue instead of being illegal most likely none of the synthetic drugs would have been developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: