Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times

Advertisements

I have a question as they have now switched Channel 7 (WSPG out of Philly) for now third CBS station. I am very grouchy as WSPG carries some Phillies and Flyers games. I was wondering if anybody knows if any of the other channels will carry those games now? I think I recall either channel 9, 11, or 20 carrying the Phillies games along with WSPG but can't fully recall. Just curious if anybody else took notice of this change. Figured I'd do some research (did search a bit on the web without any answers) before I write/call to let them know of my unhappiness.

I'm still upset that they don't have Versus on the regular package for national hockey games. I've written a few nicely toned messages and have received some short snippy replies in return. They have always been rude to deal with so nothing new They are Eviiiiiil......

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 01-02-2008 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: fixing grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 05:52 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 820,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I have a question as they have now switched Channel 7 (WSPG out of Philly) for now third CBS station. I am very grouchy as WSPG carries some Phillies and Flyers games. I was wondering if anybody knows if any of the other channels will carry those games now? I think I recall either channel 9, 11, or 20 carrying the Phillies games along with WSPG but can't fully recall. Just curious if anybody else took notice of this change. Figured I'd do some research (did search a bit on the web without any answers) before I write/call to let them know of my unhappiness.

I'm still upset that they don't have Versus on the regular package for national hockey games. I've written a few nicely toned messages and have received some short snippy replies in return. They have always been rude to deal with so nothing new They are Eviiiiiil......
Service Electric is possibly the worst cable company around. There service is lousy. When I had a problem with bad cable reception they told me there was nothing they could do. I had better reception with rabbit ears. I switched to sattelite and I love it !

Old 01-03-2008, 08:32 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:

WSWB, CW 38 from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Sunbury is considered part of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre TV market, generally carries the Phillies weekend games from WPSG in Philly. However, I don't think they carry any Flyers games.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,688 times
I am not happy either, I really liked that all the Phillies games practically were carried by CW 57 here and of course Comcast cause when the game wasn't on the one it was on the other on weekends and some weekdays.. Now we will only get the games of CBS3 very seldom except when it is on Fox or ESPN.. It would be nice if they pick it back up or something.. Let's just hope anyway.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliessbyfan View Post
I am not happy either, I really liked that all the Phillies games practically were carried by CW 57 here and of course Comcast cause when the game wasn't on the one it was on the other on weekends and some weekdays.. Now we will only get the games of CBS3 very seldom except when it is on Fox or ESPN.. It would be nice if they pick it back up or something.. Let's just hope anyway.
I still don't understand why they would change things as we had two CBS stations already and CW57 carries Philadelphia sports which is big in this area. Luckily so far it seems like either the CW on station 11 has carried most of the games so far. I think they sometimes pop up on 14 and 20 as well. I worked third shift last night but taped the game on channel 11. They had the CN8 game from Friday night on channel 97 but the signal was weak and impossible to watch the game

Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 AM

393 posts, read 1,530,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj View Post
Service Electric is possibly the worst cable company around. There service is lousy. When I had a problem with bad cable reception they told me there was nothing they could do. I had better reception with rabbit ears. I switched to sattelite and I love it !
If you think Service Electric is bad, you should see the Danville CATV system. Danville's is 10 times worse than SEC. When I moved from Lewisburg to Selinsgrove, the difference in the quality of the picture was astounding. Even after 20 years, Danville's cable system is still no better. When I visit friends and relatives in Lewisburg, their TVs are painful to watch.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:54 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
WLYH Channel 15 in Lebanon (south central PA) carries most Phillies games that are on WSPG Channel 57 in Philadelphia; Channel 15 carries more Phillies games than Channel 38 does (or at least they did 2000-2007). WLYH stopped carrying the over-the-air broadcasts of Flyers and Sixers games maybe about 3-5 years ago. I'm not sure if or what channel WLYH would be on in the Sunbury area on Service Electric.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Alright I'm really getting upset. CSE is placing Phllies games on channel 97 which will not come in clear at all on my tv or vcr. Does this mean I will need to rent a cable box off of them to actualy be able to get the reception? I don't like giving them any more money than I have to and think it's a bunch of bull I can't get the channel clearly. I'm pretty frustrated right now.....I don't know why they had to get rid of the philadelphia channel that carried the games.

Chip, we don't get that channel but I have fond memories of watching games on that channel as a kid. Would have to go outside and adjust our antannea the right way to get the signal. Ah the old days

Old 05-07-2008, 10:35 AM

I was wondering if anybody who gets DVR service from Service Electric Cablevision could PM me? I have a few questions but didn't want to start a new thread so using this existing thread. None of my friends or family have used the DVR services from them and just curious about a few things. Guess I'm curious on the price, if you need a cable box to use with it, pros and cons of having one, if you can buy a separate DVR unit and use it, and any other information for somebody like me who is pretty clueless on DVR technology. Also curious for information on TIVO units too and if they are worth it or very expensive with the monthly fees. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2008, 02:24 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,548 times
Quote:
Alright I'm really getting upset. CSE is placing Phllies games on channel 97 which will not come in clear at all on my tv or vcr. Does this mean I will need to rent a cable box off of them to actualy be able to get the reception? I don't like giving them any more money than I have to and think it's a bunch of bull I can't get the channel clearly. I'm pretty frustrated right now.....I don't know why they had to get rid of the philadelphia channel that carried the games.

Chip, we don't get that channel but I have fond memories of watching games on that channel as a kid. Would have to go outside and adjust our antannea the right way to get the signal. Ah the old days
He means 97 on the dial. It's 'Comcast 8'. I've seen some Phillies games on there. You may have to program in via your remote. Or, you could punch in 97 and it will take you to it. If it doesn't show up, keep trying because it is not on all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania