U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 02:12 PM

86 posts, read 82,575 times

Advertisements

I have a crew of 10+ guys ranging from late 20s to mid 30s heading to Erie, PA for an OHL game and staying over night. Looking for advice on the best places to go pre and post game.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 03:58 PM

2,543 posts, read 3,214,995 times
Jekyll and Hyde's is a nice spot, near the arena and within walking distance. The food here is much better than typical pub fare.
Jekyll & Hyde's Gastropub - Erie, PA Tap House

Cloud 9 is a new wine bar and they good food and is also located within walking distance of the arena
Cloud 9 Wine Bar - Erie

The Plymouth on State St. is a little further away from the arena, but this place is an Erie institution and is often crowded with all ages of people.
The Plymouth Tavern - "downtown after sundown"

Lavery is a nice brewpub that is a good place to hang out and have a few beers, but space is limited
Lavery Brewing Company - Erie, PA - Home

UPick6 Taphouse on State St. is pretty busy on the weekends and has a great selection of premium beers and good food.
UPick6

Calamari's Squid Row is another Erie institution and in addition to decent food, the place is usually crowded before and after Otters games.
Welcome | Calamaris Squid Row

Other than that State St. has many bars and restaurants and many of these places are very close to the Erie Insurance Arena. The places I listed are all pretty nice and a little more upscale if you are looking for more of a dive bar atmosphere, these places also exist. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the places and enjoy the game.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Thank you!

Old 02-06-2015, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,780 times
Plenty of bars on State Street. Plymouth is definitely a classic Erie staple. I like Erie Alehouse on 10th Street and there's a new country bar called McCoy's... There are plenty along State St and easily within walking distance of the hockey game. Just stay on State. Enjoy!

Old 02-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Jekyll and Hyde's is a nice spot, near the arena and within walking distance. The food here is much better than typical pub fare.
Jekyll & Hyde's Gastropub - Erie, PA Tap House

Lavery is a nice brewpub that is a good place to hang out and have a few beers, but space is limited
Lavery Brewing Company - Erie, PA - Home
Did Lavery (knew about the brewery so planned to check it out) and Jekyll and Hyde's (thanks for the suggestion) pre-game and Sluggers post-game. Sluggers wasn't exactly our crowd overall but it was diverse. Great people watching at that point in the night though!

Thanks again!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 AM

2,543 posts, read 3,214,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser412soze View Post
Did Lavery (knew about the brewery so planned to check it out) and Jekyll and Hyde's (thanks for the suggestion) pre-game and Sluggers post-game. Sluggers wasn't exactly our crowd overall but it was diverse. Great people watching at that point in the night though!

Thanks again!
No problem I am glad you had a good time in Erie and Lavery is one of my favorite breweries anywhere, they have great beer. Sluggers is an interesting crowd and I definitely like to hang out at Calimari's or the TapHouse over that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or