Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 33,683 times

Advertisements

hello everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knows of any buses that go to nyc from scranton or wilkes-barre, other than martz or greyhound??? thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 AM

203 posts, read 1,256,153 times
harrisburg is a bus hub

Old 11-08-2006, 04:11 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS19 View Post
hello everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knows of any buses that go to nyc from scranton or wilkes-barre, other than martz or greyhound??? thanks so much
Try Jo-Jo's Travelers, a bus company out of Taylor, near Scranton. They usually run non-stop trips to NYC from stops in Wilkes-Barre, Pittston, and Scranton. I usually go on Wednesdays when I get the craving for some fashion shopping in Midtown, but they may offer other days as well.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS19 View Post
Martz STILL runs? I don't know what I would've done without them - 130p bus from the Port Authority into Scranton ~3-330p, depending on traffic, then back on Sunday, ~ 4p or so and in Brooklyn ( ) #3Flatbush train by 730p. Those were the days...... I always looked for the Empire State building, and later on, the World Trade towers to know that I was almost back to school. Did that same route for the first time in about 15 years - what a huge hole in the skyline from that direction.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 33,683 times
Thanks so much for your responses. Yeah i know the feeling, about the skyline that is. I lived in DC last year and each time I'd drive home to NY it was a sad sight off the turnpike to not see the towers...

Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 20,309 times
Default Buses to NYC

Hi, I was wondering if you did, in fact, try calling Jo-Jo's Travelers which was previously suggested to you from another member? I have the same dilemma as you do. Who else leaves from Wilkes-Barre going into NYC other than Martz? Reason being, is that Martz can be rather pricey; especially if you have to travel 5 days a week to work like I do. Yesterday was my first experience with Martz. I traveled within approx. 7 hours for the entire day both coming/going. I'm exhausted too! I've even tried to find a van and/or car pool service which may be quicker (less stops than the bus) and cheaper. Keep me posted if you find anything out there at all. I will do the same for you. Good luck on your travel search!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 15,658 times
Default just 30 dollars

for jo jo's travelers its 30 dollars total which mean i can go to new york and come back for just 30 dollars?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhall View Post
Hi, I was wondering if you did, in fact, try calling Jo-Jo's Travelers which was previously suggested to you from another member? I have the same dilemma as you do. Who else leaves from Wilkes-Barre going into NYC other than Martz? Reason being, is that Martz can be rather pricey; especially if you have to travel 5 days a week to work like I do. Yesterday was my first experience with Martz. I traveled within approx. 7 hours for the entire day both coming/going. I'm exhausted too! I've even tried to find a van and/or car pool service which may be quicker (less stops than the bus) and cheaper. Keep me posted if you find anything out there at all. I will do the same for you. Good luck on your travel search!
That is the time it is going to take from Wilkes Barre to NYC. One day and you are exhausted..........YIKES.
We have been on line trying to let people know that the trip is long and tiring. I just can't even imagine 7 hours of commuting a day.
Jut the thought of that is too much to handle.
Martz is going to give you probably the most choices in times and the amount of buses. It is a large expense and we also try to let people know that who want to move to the area. Add that cost in to the rent and mortgage plan......It may turn out to be too much per month.
I hope you find a car pool, but then.......they probably won't be quicker and don't get some of the fast lanes the buses get. Tunnel hold ups can be quite long...........best of luck in your search.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 15,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhall View Post
Who else leaves from Wilkes-Barre going into NYC other than Martz? Reason being, is that Martz can be rather pricey; especially if you have to travel 5 days a week to work like I do.
hi, have you found alternative transportation to and from nyc other than martz, greyhound, and jo jo's?

best regards,

Old 06-24-2008, 09:25 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,272,401 times
Martz Bus Lines based in Wilkes-Barre is the only bus service that runs daily that I'm aware of. You should ask if there are discounts for daily commuters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania