U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 PM

333 posts, read 1,945,009 times

Advertisements

I found some decent housing in this area in bucks county. I mapquested it and it says it would tak 53 minutes..I believe it is 39 miles though so am wondering with traffic it that would be horrible?

What about the Pennridge school system?
Is Sellersville a scenic, safe and nice areaa?

Thanks in advance..You guys are great for info!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM

31 posts, read 179,862 times
Sellersville is HEAVEN!!! Quiet & Safe... Close to 309 where all the shopping is. Wonderful people.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:34 AM

333 posts, read 1,945,009 times
Default Is 39 miles..

take a long time ? My husband would have to travel into Center City...is it scenic? The Pennridge school system? So far it has a lot of positives for it!

Old 04-14-2007, 03:26 PM

179 posts, read 1,028,778 times
the trip to and from philly in rush hour would be annoying and it would take around 1 hour. Parts of the trip are scenic but after years of living here, I just don't really notice it anymore. If your buying a home you get more value out away from the city everyone has to deal with the commute. Larger lots quieter neighborhoods, there is also a train that runs directly into philly from that area.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:27 PM
jjj

168 posts, read 791,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne03 View Post
take a long time ? My husband would have to travel into Center City...is it scenic? The Pennridge school system? So far it has a lot of positives for it!
I guess you are talking about Center City Philly. During rush hour figure about an hour and a half to 2 hours from Sellersville.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM

13 posts, read 38,580 times
Default Sellersville - A good fit for a single woman?

I am considering a possible move to Sellersville after I retire in a few months -- first I have to visit there but it sounds like what I will be looking for -- nice downtown with shops, park for a dog, reasonably priced real estate and shopping nearby. I've seen the posts on this thread and from what I've read, Sellersville sounds like a lovely town.

One of my main concerns is -- is Sellersville too family-oriented for a single person? I know there is a theatre and I'll find things to do but I don't know if that will be difficult, particularly if many of the town's activities revolve around young families and school children.

Also, I'm coming from New York City and was wondering, are there a lot of New York transplants in that area of Pennsylvania?

Thank you.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM

4,318 posts, read 8,569,251 times
The Sellersville Theatre has great shows, including Joseph Arthur on 7-29. In my opinion JA is the most profound singer songwriter since Dylan. This is my bold proclamation. Joseph Arthur.

In terms of social life for a single person, there is the mundane chain store, sports bar vibe with a lot of very boring people who watch family guy and talk about football all the time. I recommend making the 15 or so mile trip to Bethlehem and hanging out on Main St or on 4th St by Lehigh. I would also suggest sometimes visiting Philadelphia and hanging out in Center City.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Thank you. Although Sellersville sounds lovely, I have a feeling that there may not be many activities for me in the town itself. This information is very helpful.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:16 AM

36 posts, read 76,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnienyc View Post
I am considering a possible move to Sellersville after I retire in a few months -- first I have to visit there but it sounds like what I will be looking for -- nice downtown with shops, park for a dog, reasonably priced real estate and shopping nearby. I've seen the posts on this thread and from what I've read, Sellersville sounds like a lovely town.

One of my main concerns is -- is Sellersville too family-oriented for a single person? I know there is a theatre and I'll find things to do but I don't know if that will be difficult, particularly if many of the town's activities revolve around young families and school children.

Also, I'm coming from New York City and was wondering, are there a lot of New York transplants in that area of Pennsylvania?

Thank you.
Hi Bonnie:

As a single person coming from NYC, you may be a little bored with Sellersville. Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful town. This is coming from a single guy in his 30's who moved here three years ago. I really enjoy living here.

The town has a lot going for it, especially the park system (I know there has been town meetings discussing a dog park as well). It is safe, the school systems are good, and it is affordable (now) for this area.

As far as dining is concerned, my favorite places are the Washington House, Maize, and The Perk. The Washington House is an old historic place with a great atmosphere, great food, and service. They have regular wine and beer tastings. In addition, this place is an opentable.com Diner's Choice winner in several categories for Bucks County. Maize is a small restaurant in neighboring Perkasie that offers fine dining. The Perk is also a historic landmark in the area with a more casual atmosphere and great food with great prices. (Check out the famous tuesday night steak sandwich special for $2.50 if you ever get out this way.... but get there early).

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of great choices for nightlife in town, but the restored Sellersville Theater is an excellent place to see music and comedy. Some fairly big acts roll through the theater these days. Some of the other local bar/restaurants are getting in a bit of live entertainment these days, but the choices are very limited. Despite the town's lack of night life, there are other more active places a short drive away (Doylestown, Montgomeryville, Bethlehem, etc.)

If you are looking for a place with a little more night life and NYC transplants, the Lehigh Valley area may be your best bet (Bethlehem, Easton, etc.)

Hope this helps and good luck

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 AM

Default sellersville

Thanks so much. I think I'll probably check out the Easton area.

I appreciate your input. It's been really helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania