Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 07:42 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,855,823 times

Advertisements

The Value Momentum announcement is great and it is nice to see some new jobs and buzz around mid-town Erie and State Street. I am glad the Hampton Inn is opening soon, but Erie's waterfront really needs to be further developed and I hope the Harbor Place development actually starts soon. I have a few friends from Pittsburgh who have boats in Erie and they would love to rent a waterfront apartment or buy a small, waterfront condo. Erie's waterfront also needs more unique entertainment options like a boat drive in movie theater, a zipline, a boardwalk with games and small food stands, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 10:34 PM

486 posts, read 601,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
The Value Momentum announcement is great and it is nice to see some new jobs and buzz around mid-town Erie and State Street. I am glad the Hampton Inn is opening soon, but Erie's waterfront really needs to be further developed and I hope the Harbor Place development actually starts soon. I have a few friends from Pittsburgh who have boats in Erie and they would love to rent a waterfront apartment or buy a small, waterfront condo. Erie's waterfront also needs more unique entertainment options like a boat drive in movie theater, a zipline, a boardwalk with games and small food stands, etc.
Agreed.

I am a little sad they are making that mini golf course relocate to have Front Street connect to the convention center, though.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:22 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,855,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post
Agreed.

I am a little sad they are making that mini golf course relocate to have Front Street connect to the convention center, though.
I agree on the mini-golf course and a zipline from Front street to the waterfront would be fun.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:44 AM

I know I posted this before but Scott Enterprises plans to build a second hotel next to the Hampton Inn which will be opening in a month or so. The second hotel would be an extended stay brand (Residence Inn).

https://www.goerie.com/news/20200812...squos-bayfront

Old 08-16-2020, 04:31 PM

Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront
Attached Thumbnails
Erie development thread (downtown, bayfront, etc.)-screenshot_20200807-122505_2.png  

Old 08-19-2020, 06:37 AM

International Recycling Group plans to build a new plant in the city of Erie, creating 50 jobs.

Between 9 million dollars in investments have been made between Plastek and Erie Insurance.

A decision has not been made as to the exact location of the plant but it will be located within an oppurtunity zone in the city limits.

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...ll-comes-erie/

Old 08-20-2020, 05:50 AM

12 posts, read 21,907 times
Great news regarding International Recycling Group building in the city of Erie. We can definitely use the jobs. Forgive my ignorance, but how does building in an "opportunity zone" work? I know they get some kind of tax benefit, but do they still pay taxes to the city of Erie? Or only in the form of payroll taxes from employees?

Old 08-23-2020, 07:55 AM

748 posts, read 338,953 times
Quote:
International Recycling Group plans to build a new plant in the city of Erie, creating 50 jobs.
Nice. Not huge, but still good stuff.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:13 AM

527 posts, read 319,610 times
Quote:
Hampton Inn & Suites Erie Bayfront

I wonder how it is doing right now in the current situation...?

Old 08-24-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
I wonder how it is doing right now in the current situation...?
It actually hasn't opened yet. I believe they are doing a soft opening this week and the restaurant will be opening a month later.

We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania