U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,822 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to PA in the spring time and I need to know where is a nice place to live. I am a black female 25 years old and a college grad, I need some where not to night life and I don't club. I will go to the bar. No kids, and I will not have a car. Need a safe cheap nice little area. Something like Atlanta style I will love

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-25-2016 at 05:37 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 03:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 4,594,258 times
If you don't have a car, you will limit yourself to cities with bus routes. You haven't said anything about work or career. Are you independently wealthy?

You also won't find the laid back southern vibe in PA. You might try posting in the Philly and Pittsburgh forums. There are many suburban areas in those locales that may suit you. Parts of Pittsburgh City and Philadelphia city may also be worth looking into.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 AM

13,006 posts, read 30,598,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylovesdemdawgs View Post
I'm moving to PA in the spring time and I need to know where is a nice place to live. I am a black female 25 years old and a college grad, I need some where not to night life and I don't club. I will go to the bar. No kids, and I will not have a car. Need a safe cheap nice little area. Something like Atlanta style I will love
There's a sticky at the top of this forum for newcomers that might be helpful, and if you could give us more information about what you want that would be helpful. As Wells5 mentioned, knowing what kind of employment you need would be a starting point. My suggestion is generally to get a job and then figure out the living situation. Without a car you are limited to the cities since they are the only places with good public transportation but those are the un-cheap places.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,225 times
Default Living in PA

Quote:

Well just my point of view...here in PA you definitely NEED a CAR!!!!! Unless you move to Harrisburg or any other city like Philadelphia. Here its a lot of race issues. Theres only a few white people who talks to you like you are a human being. I came from CT and been here for a year and cant deny that its a beautiful place, its cheaper to live...but the jobs you get will suck and you will earn the same money you will need for rent and other expenses. I don't know about where you live now but here you pay even for trash!!! well where im coming from the government takes care of it... so if you want a peaceful place to live where theres no party no NOTHING AT ALL Lewisburg its your best bet...I would call it the desert. But you will need a car just to go to the store you will have to walk for hours. It just sucks!

Old 03-06-2016, 06:23 AM

7,541 posts, read 9,272,429 times
Quote:
Here in the Pittsburgh area, Bellevue might be a good selection. They just approved alcohol sales last year and don't have any nightclubs, and do have grocery stores on its main drag as well as a decent amount of public transport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania