Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 PM

15 posts, read 32,826 times

Advertisements

My wife does admin work i run my own home repair company and we have three kids and are poor hard working vermonters that are tired of being poor. We are looking to come to pa to be career successful. If any one could help us on where to go we would really appreciate it. we are looking for affordable housing-we will rent first--and good schools with low crime. [Mod Cut]

Last edited by ontheroad; 02-13-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: We don't recommend or permit emails; use the Direct Message system instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 05:14 AM

my wife and i are doing our research and we are thinking about southern PA-to get us away from the major snow storms-any one with some insight would be helpful

Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,618,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion4461 View Post
my wife and i are doing our research and we are thinking about southern PA-to get us away from the major snow storms-any one with some insight would be helpful
Even in southern PA you aren't going to get away from major snow storms, but the climate here is a lot more mild then the rest of the state. Are you looking for rural or city life?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 AM

Default help plz

i dont really mind the snow or cold what i need is work--I run my own landscaping and home repair business and my wife does admin --i will need affordable housing to rent from and good schools my oldest boy will be 5 also low crime

Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
i dont really mind the snow or cold what i need is work--I run my own landscaping and home repair business and my wife does admin --i will need affordable housing to rent from and good schools my oldest boy will be 5 also low crime
You should have no problem finding work in south central PA. For affordable housing you may want to look in any of the boroughs such as Carlisle, Mechanicsburg, Hanover, Shippensburg, Newville or Enola would be good places to start.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 AM

Default help plz

I am glad to hear that home owners need work done--here in vermont they take people like me for granted and we either dont get enough work to pay our bills or would rather not have any work done until their homes fall down then they ask us to fix it lol ----what is the rent range like for those area i would need a 3 bedroom apt. until we get caught up on bills to afford a home to buy- also for utilities and things like cable and cell phones companies is there good competion to keep their rates low here i pay just over 120 bucks for cable and high speed net--my cell phones for 2 unlimited cost me rought another 130 bucks--my rent is 800--so on and so forth needless to say there you have to pay them because you have no choices--its feed the pork or go without food one or the other its gotten so bad that im a grad class of 1100 and 98% of them have fled vermont--I'm one of the last to go because of deaths in the family when i got out of the service brought me back now i cant get out---with my tax returns and a little money saved up my family is attempting to get out of this state

Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I am glad to hear that home owners need work done--here in vermont they take people like me for granted and we either dont get enough work to pay our bills or would rather not have any work done until their homes fall down then they ask us to fix it lol ----what is the rent range like for those area i would need a 3 bedroom apt. until we get caught up on bills to afford a home to buy- also for utilities and things like cable and cell phones companies is there good competion to keep their rates low here i pay just over 120 bucks for cable and high speed net--my cell phones for 2 unlimited cost me rought another 130 bucks--my rent is 800--so on and so forth needless to say there you have to pay them because you have no choices--its feed the pork or go without food one or the other its gotten so bad that im a grad class of 1100 and 98% of them have fled vermont--I'm one of the last to go because of deaths in the family when i got out of the service brought me back now i cant get out---with my tax returns and a little money saved up my family is attempting to get out of this state
For 3 bedrooms prices are generally going to be around $800-1100...leaning towards the upper end of that price range if you want a nice area.
I found a couple decent places on craigslist, both of these are in good school districts:
3 BR Camp Hill single Home for rent (broken link)
Spacious 3BR, 1.5 BathTownhouse, Finished basement, ENOLA, PA (broken link)
I would also look at the Wesley Park apartments in Mechanicsburg

Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM

i think my wife is learning towards enola what can u tell me about the area

Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
i think my wife is learning towards enola what can u tell me about the area
It's in East Pennsboro township and part of a school district with the same name. The area is growing pretty fast with new homes and there is ample shopping. Prices are still pretty affordable compared to the nearby townships.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM

Default help plz

as u may or may not know i do handy man work-home repairs and landscaping and my wife does admin would there be that type of work available--do home owners need that type of work there done ---is there a lot of competion for my field or are handymen very hard to come by?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania