Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,348 times

Advertisements

I am currently in talks with keystone homes in york. Has anyone else have bad/good experiences with them. They are running a "swap" program for homes. Has anyone else dealt with this? Would all builders have some not so happy customers? Any advice/replies would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,253 times
Default Keystone Custom Homes

My fiance and I are consider building with Keystone Custom Homes.

Does anyone have any feedback on them?

Did you go forward with building with them, if so, how was the process?
What is the overall quality of the home?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandisb8 View Post
I am currently building a home with Keystone and can not stress enough DO NOT BUILD WITH KEYSTONE. My husband and I have had nothing but issues. It all started with our first home advisor who miscalculated pricing several times (she was up to $15,000 off at times). They offered a second home advisor to us. It was good at first. BUt that has all changed now. Pricing was again miscalculated by about $10,000.
Then for our design center appointment, it was less than accomodating. The designer would only meet with us during a weekday. Both my husband and I had to take vacation days from work to meet with her. There are very few options with Keystone unless you want to pay thousands and thousands for the smallest things. Beware that when you upgrade your siding you are left with 3 color choices. Even though our house was about $300,000, we were given the same flooring and cabinet options as a home that costs $100,000.
Keystone has since then began to cut costs to save themselves money--not me. They placed our house 45 feet from the street when our lot is over an acre. We brought this to their attention before they poured the foundation. They quickly poured the foundation the next day so we could not force them to move the house back. When we inquired as to the reasoning for it being so close to the road, they stated in an email it saved them money and we should have read a plot plan closer and paid them to put it back further. Our house is now at a minimum of 15 feet closer to the road than any other house in the development. Not to mention the back of our house ends before our neighbors even begins.
Keystone has since gone back on many things they have promised and pushed all of the blame back on my husband and I. They do not believe the customer is ever right. This has been a very stressful process and I will never again build with Keystone or recommend them to anyone.
Apart from the upgrade issues you had when building with Keystone do you have any further comments on your experience?
We are considering building with them and want to get some more info on other homeowners experiences.
When you say your home was placed 45 ft from the street, what did they promise you before that?
Thanks!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 5,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Hi all,
I have heard of so many problems with new homes and their builders (Toll Khov. etc). My question is, who is a GOOD new home builder in the Lancaster county area?

My price range is 300 - 350k
3-4 bedroom
2300 sq ft or bigger

I also do not want any appliances as I will be suppling them. Most builders will give an allowance right?

Thanks.
We built a higher end home with Lancaster Home Builders, this is the most unprofessional low end outfit that i ever dealt with. Illegals doing the drywall [terrible] project supr, constantly lied to us, no attention to quality or details. No voice mail or email to make contact during the build. This is by design to keep the customer out of the loop so that they can do things their way therefore cutting every corner imaginable to maximeze their profits. DO NOT use this bottom rung builder, you will save yourself alot of stress

Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
Default Don't use Lancaster Home Builders

We used Lancaster Home Builders and totally regret our decision. Horrible work, mistakes, charged extra for things after they did them instead of ok'ing with us first, seeded our yard in 40 mph winds and then wouldn't come back to fix, outside lights rusting after 1 month and won't replace, horrible paint and staining, seams in drywall everywhere, excessive nail pops. I could go on and on.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,092 times
Default Katesmom

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with LHB
It was sad to hear that your drywall was so bad also. I raised alot of cain about the poor drywall work and was told by the head of the drywall company that this very very not normal. [right!]
I hope that you are able to get things at your new home the way that you wanted them in the 1st place

Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,427 times
If you have your own land, I recommend Sam King of Beechdale Builders in Lancaster County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania