Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,362 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I've been looking for information on Fennelltown in Salem township Westmoreland County PA I live very close to a cemetary that has very old tombstone and there use to be a church but I think it burnt down. What I'm looking for is the history of this place. I haven't been able to locate anything because for some reason when the records from Hannas town were transferred those of Salem Townships founders were lost. The Cemetary was established in 1812 or 1814 but I've seen grave stones from farther back then that?

Any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
I live right across from Fennelltown Cemetery and lived here when the church was still standing. The church was vandalized heavily in the early 1980's and was torn down because it was in total disrepair. The records you speak of from the church were actually taken to "Congruity Church" and that is the church that had burnt years ago. All records apparently from Fennelltown were lost. I have also been trying to figure out what Fennelltown really was like when the cemetery and church were establish but with no success. Good luck!..

Sincerely,

R McCune

Old 01-24-2015, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
I grew up near the Church and Cemetery. My grandparents are buried there. I was baptized there and went to numerous Memorial Day Celebrations. The Church had beautiful stain glass windows! Was sad when I found out they were broken. The Church had many suppers there. When my grandparents passed, I got a glass gravy boat that was used there.
Will try to contact a second cousin who may know info about the Church and Cemetery.

Sincerely,

Karen Bortz Beistel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania