Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,413 times

Advertisements

Moving to Erie for long term next week and looking for rental apartments in or around town. Need suggestions on the communities and/or apartments that I can check out when I am there. Usually, when renting apartments I look for - management of community, security, amenities (gym, library, activities), groceries nearby, public transportation at walkable distance. Am looking for a 1 bed kitchen between $700 to $900.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:45 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbakshi View Post
Moving to Erie for long term next week and looking for rental apartments in or around town. Need suggestions on the communities and/or apartments that I can check out when I am there. Usually, when renting apartments I look for - management of community, security, amenities (gym, library, activities), groceries nearby, public transportation at walkable distance. Am looking for a 1 bed kitchen between $700 to $900.
This may be a challenge since many of the newer apartments with amenities like a gym are further away and don't have great access to public transportation. Not much of the Erie area is walkable and other than the city of Erie and close by suburbs like Millcreek township, Wesleyville, and Lawrence Park, there are not many options for good bus service. Many of the walkable areas of the Erie area are the older parts of the city and some parts of Millcreek township. I would recommend living either in the city or Millcreek township and you have a pretty good budget for a one bedroom. I included a few possibilities below and let me know if you have any questions about the areas.

Federal Row Square (This is right in the heart of downtown and near Erie Insurance and UPMC Hamot)
Federal Row Square - Apartment Rentals Erie PA by Glowacki Management

Lovell Place (This place have a decent amount of amenities and is very close to most things downtown)
https://www.facebook.com/lovellplace/

6th Street (This is a really nice area close to Frontier Park, Gannon University and downtown)
https://erie.craigslist.org/apa/5764935137.html

Cider Mill (More affordable place in Millcreek and close to Shadow Pines)
https://erie.craigslist.org/apa/5757808612.html

The Hammocks at Millcreek (This is slightly above your budget, but has many of the amenities)
The Hammocks at Millcreek Rentals - Erie, PA | Apartments.com

Shadow Pines (This place is very nice and is relatively close to Mercyhurst University)
Shadow Pines Rentals - Erie, PA | Apartments.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: