Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 09:25 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
It's not a criticism of you. I've even repped you. It just that you seem to be the only poster from Pittsburgh invested enough to post with any regularity.
Thats because the Pittsburgh forum is full of crazy rabble rousers. Everyone moved over to that "other" forum. I am still here though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
Very cool, and pretty funny! They just announced a very similar new show for Philadelphia on the DIY network last month:

DIY Network Hopes You'll Flip Over Its Newest Show - Philadelphia Magazine
I love these type shows. Especially ones that focus on city dwellers.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Philadelphia - With thousands of apartments in the works, Manayunk hopes for a 2nd rebirth
Read more here: With thousands of apartments in the works, Manayunk hopes for a 2nd rebirth

With Philly's scene maturing, the search is on again for more Stellar Startups
Read more here: http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...s-contest.html

Will NFL Draft Crowd on Day 2 surpass record-setting first day?
Read more here: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...les-day-2.html

Last edited by RightonWalnut; 04-28-2017 at 11:21 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Thats because the Pittsburgh forum is full of crazy rabble rousers. Everyone moved over to that "other" forum. I am still here though.
I wish our posters would do the same.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Quote:
Yup. And we tire in arguing with people who don't want to invest a little time in understanding the compared city.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I wish our posters would do the same.
mental illness set up shop in the Pittsburgh forum causing many of our seasoned forumers to jump ship. We have about 6 to 10 reasonable non confrontational forumers left. We ping pong back and forth. I usually post inner city issues coupled with racially charged articles. This really stirs the pot. Not sure why though.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:05 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
Philadelphia - Residential units and townhouses moving forward at Royal Theater site
Read more here:
Residential units and townhouses moving forward at Royal Theater site

Lincoln Square Making Early Progress
Read more here:
Lincoln Square Making Early Progress | Naked Philly

Old 04-29-2017, 11:51 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Quote:
mental illness set up shop in the Pittsburgh forum causing many of our seasoned forumers to jump ship. We have about 6 to 10 reasonable non confrontational forumers left. We ping pong back and forth. I usually post inner city issues coupled with racially charged articles. This really stirs the pot. Not sure why though.
Don't you think that most Pittsburgh projects and plusses mentioned here. Then gain Philly posters need to best it with a series of Philly's projects and links are posted far more to your one? It is because on city is 3-times larger and in another tier. Even though they are sister-cities of PA. But not peer cities by size.

Pittsburgh mere hits above its tier weight. A great plus for it. Philly is finally proclaiming hitting at its tier weight or close.

You will notice that there are many Philly vs. other cities on C-D right now. Most posting for Philly here do not PST much there in defense of Philly? Especially if vs. TRUE Same tier cities. They even call Philly vs. Houston threads. Troll threads if a suggestion is Houston metro will overtake Philly metro.

Heck, plenty already on Houston proper to take over Chicago proper in the next decade. Some proclaim less then a handful of years. Doesn't mean they are merely trolling threads created to stir.

The superiority here seen of Philly over Pittsburgh. Keeps them boasting. One Peron they accused is the reason they said. But whose post are few now because of personal dislike of.

I try to be very careful how I post toward some. Though most ignore them anyway. But I do find 2 cities thy have the most defensive and easily offended posters. Thay are Torontonians and Philadelphians in forums. Most other cities forums don't get easily offended.

I totally avoid political and crime and racial issues. They stir the pot in any thread. I do not remember you EVER mentioning Philly crime here? But if you did? You would be as low to them as BB.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:30 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm the one who killed the Pittsburgh sub-forum. I moved here in 2010 and love my neighborhood. My block is changing quickly, though, and average rents are now approaching $1,100/month when my $550/month in 2010 was considered "a tad high for the neighborhood" at that time. I've seen friends gentrified out, and we'll probably be joining them soon. I suppose it's great the city is going through a rapid inversion---becoming wealthier with each passing year while many suburbs decline as they accept progressively greater numbers of troubled impoverished types---but it's just sad when you're one of those being "left out" of this resurgence and realize you'll have to leave and move to a new city if you want safe, walkable, AND affordable. Pittsburgh is losing that edge it once boasted about with rental affordability. Now if you are only able to afford a certain rent level you're generally relegated to unsafe and/or non-walkable neighborhoods.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:03 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,338,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I'm sorry if I'm the one who killed the Pittsburgh sub-forum. I moved here in 2010 and love my neighborhood. My block is changing quickly, though, and average rents are now approaching $1,100/month when my $550/month in 2010 was considered "a tad high for the neighborhood" at that time. I've seen friends gentrified out, and we'll probably be joining them soon. I suppose it's great the city is going through a rapid inversion---becoming wealthier with each passing year while many suburbs decline as they accept progressively greater numbers of troubled impoverished types---but it's just sad when you're one of those being "left out" of this resurgence and realize you'll have to leave and move to a new city if you want safe, walkable, AND affordable. Pittsburgh is losing that edge it once boasted about with rental affordability. Now if you are only able to afford a certain rent level you're generally relegated to unsafe and/or non-walkable neighborhoods.
I could be wrong but I feel like you've said this, or something close to it, at least a thousand times.

How's that workin' for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania