Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2006, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,940 times

Advertisements

Could any one give me advice about the Chester county areas. I am going to be relocating to the area and do not know that much. I will be working in West Chester and my boyfriend works in Downingtown. We are looking to buy a house and trying to find a good area. Any ideas? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 09:55 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,334 times
I love downingtown. It is probably a little less expensive then some areas .If schools are not a concern yet you may want to consider Morgantown or Honeybrook ( Twin Valley school district - It is growning by leaps and bounds and i think great school their test scores though are slightly behind Downingtown and west Chester if you are looking at that sort of thing. . Housing is a little cheaper but you are still with easy driving distance of both places of employment. I livei n a small town of Guthresville just in between Downingtown and Honeybrook and we love it here.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 AM

35 posts, read 78,419 times
It all depends on what you are looking for.

If you are young I think the closer you are to West Chester the better off you are. You get on the N+W side of Downingtown life slows down quite considerably. No offense to sixthinfamily as I've been to Guthriesville its a very peaceful nice place but the name tells you all you need to know.

Exton area is booming which is between West Chester and Downingtown.That wouldn't be a bad option. The West Chester area is great too-Westtown,Goshen,Edgmont,Chadds Ford, Birmingham.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Hey, lived in Honeybrook. Liked the country but spent too much time driving everywhere. They roll up the sidewalks about 9pm. Kid of dead in the winter.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:11 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,208,904 times
Avoid the city of Coatesville and you should be fine. Chester County is very rural and it has a very high quality of living. It is the wealthiest county in PA. but its far enough from the main job centers that housing is still a bargain. You may be able to find a new house in the Downingtown area in the $300's the same house closer to Philadlephia would be in the $500's.

West Chester and Downingtown are only 20 minutes apart and both areas are very nice. West Chester more expensive, more to do. Downingtown cheaper, quieter.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:51 PM

5 posts, read 29,795 times
The Downingtown Area is very nice to live in. Avoid Coatesville and Thorndale (in the Coatesville Area School District). I live on the edge of Downingtown going towards Coatesville and Thorndale and its very nice. Lots of houses and townhomes going in and West Chester is about a 25 minute drive. Shopping is good and close, we have plenty of grocerry stores and if you are looking for retail places the Exton Mall, Mainstreet at Exton, and the Brandywine Square are excellent places (and theres a movie theather too). I think I would go crazy in Honeybrook. Its a very nice place, I babysit out there for a family but its a bit too rural for my tastes- no easy access to shopping or entertainment.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,918 times
Default bucks

bucks county is definetly the richest county in chest county you could get a house for 500k and in bucks you could get it for 800k only welthy people live there if your not wealth dont move there the school districs are the some of the best in the country neshaminy,council rock, and central bucks schools in bucks county if you dont have an ipod cell phone quad giant house exspensive cars pools and spas you are a nerd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania