Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 05:41 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,911,052 times

Advertisements

Out running errands and remembered to check out the back entrance way to MM. I wasn't sure if anybody could go in but have seen ads for Red Robin with the address which made me wonder if maybe that store is done and taking applications. I didn't see "do not enter" signs when entering (think I may have seen them when leaving though). Pretty cool to go in and see everything. Still a lot of work to be completed but enjoyed seeing the layout of where some of the stores are placed. Some stores didn't have their big signs out yet on the store (Best Buy I think....didn't see it and thinking it's beside Target......I gotta check out that layout URL somebody posted earlier in the thread again). I wish I would have had my camera on me to take pics but also wanted to leave quickly when I got worried if I should be in there driving around. I didn't see the Red Robin so guess they are just accepting applications through the mail? It did seem like they were advertising for you to stop in MM and know sometimes places do hiring while construction is going on. Less than two more months before it all opens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,676,950 times
Red Robin is at the front north entrance. You can see it from Routes 11/15 and it looks completely finished. Starbucks is right near it. As far as I know Red Robin is taking applications at the actual restaurant.

Did you go in the paved back entrance next to Target? I saw that it was marked "service road" on the little map posted earlier, but it's paved and has curbs so I think it will get a lot of use.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 AM

I went in the back road by Target. Does it being a 'service road' mean it isn't allowed to be used by the public? I would hope it would be open for the public to use as I can hit all back roads to get there from my home. The paving on the back way side stopped about 1/2 way through so couldn't reach the front (maybe could have swung up in the parking lot areas but wasn't sure if I should). That's cool Red Robin is completed and taking applications. So you can enter in front to get to RR? I'll have to go in and check out the front area sometime. It looks huge once you are inside and furthered my excitement for it to open!

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 08-18-2008 at 09:55 AM..

Old 08-18-2008, 01:53 PM

I think you can go in the front for Red Robin applications. I didn't see any "Keep Out" signs today when I went by but traffic was heavy and they were paving right in the middle so I could only take a quick glance.

To me service road means where the delivery trucks go, as well as emergency services if needed. But I don't see how they could keep others from using it. I've used the back roads into the old Wal-Mart in Lewisburg and the Weis Markets right next to it, and they're probably supposed to be service roads too. Come to think of it, the Wal-Mart in Hummels Wharf also has a back way in that I use quite a bit. I think MM would be the same situation. I too can get there only on the back roads, which will be very nice for going shopping and avoiding the traffic mess.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I think you can go in the front for Red Robin applications. I didn't see any "Keep Out" signs today when I went by but traffic was heavy and they were paving right in the middle so I could only take a quick glance.

To me service road means where the delivery trucks go, as well as emergency services if needed. But I don't see how they could keep others from using it. I've used the back roads into the old Wal-Mart in Lewisburg and the Weis Markets right next to it, and they're probably supposed to be service roads too. Come to think of it, the Wal-Mart in Hummels Wharf also has a back way in that I use quite a bit. I think MM would be the same situation. I too can get there only on the back roads, which will be very nice for going shopping and avoiding the traffic mess.
I always get nervous driving by and don't peek too much. Too much traffic and afraid I won't see traffic slowing up or somebody will swerve while I'm glancing over. I never knew all those back entrances you listed are service roads and use them all the time as well I'd guess it will be the same for MM which will be really nice!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM

It's been a while since anyone posted here. I almost gave up searching for the thread!

I'm so excited! I got a card in the mail to go to a "Sneak Preview" at Red Robin on Thursday, September 25. My husband and I will be having a complimentary lunch so they can use the time to train their staff. Apparently it will be quite crowded. They had dinner hours (all full by the time I called) and lunch hours (only 12:45 left when I called). I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out. They officially open Monday, September 29 at 11:00 a.m.

There are a couple girls in our youth group at church who will be working at Target and Michael's when they open. The girl working at Target started a week or two ago, so they seem to be on target (no pun intended) for their October opening. I think Michael's opens in 2009.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 PM

That's cool that Red Robin is having the training and invited the public. I'm kind of bummed we didn't receive any invitations in the mail You'll have to let us know what you think of the place Dawne

I drove in today and most of the paving is complete (a few rough places still). It's very cool with the layout and the 'layers' for the stores. I was a bit surprised at how small the Best Buy store is. I'm not complaining as I'm just happy to have one in the area though! I see the work on Rts 11 and 15 looks nearly complete and they removed the orange barrels. Hard to believe that there's about four more weeks before some of the stores will open. Cool to see that Red Robin will open in two and a half weeks! I'm excited!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 PM

That's odd I guess the edit feature disappears after a certain amount of time has passed from making a post? I thought more about the size of the Best Buy store and guess it's not much smaller than the one in State College which does seem bigger once inside. I'm just happy to have BB and Target to buy decent priced cds that aren't censored by the idiots that are Wal Mart. I wouldn't mind if Wal Mart carried censored and the uncensored versions of a cd but to only offer a censored version is stupid.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 AM

11 posts, read 42,641 times
Default DVD's and Opening Worries

I'm actually surprised at how much I'm looking forward to Best Buy. I've been in a few, and actually usually prefer Circut City, but it'll be nice to have a place that doesn't make their living on just DVD's, so they offer odd ones for a good price. Anyone remember "The People Under The Stairs"? It's a Wes Craven horror movie from 1991. About a year ago, FYE had it for $19.99, but I went to either a Best Buy, or Circut City, and got it for $10.

Anyone worried about stores opening at different times? I mean...won't it be kinda odd for Red Robin to open on the 29th, and there still be 3-4 months of work to do on Michaels? This might be a mess when it comes to Grand Openings. Instead of the marketplace opening everything on one day, and having a few weeks of EVERYONE flocking there to see the new stores, we'll likely have a few MONTHS of this since they'll be opening sporadically.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des_Nosferatu View Post
Anyone worried about stores opening at different times? I mean...won't it be kinda odd for Red Robin to open on the 29th, and there still be 3-4 months of work to do on Michaels? This might be a mess when it comes to Grand Openings. Instead of the marketplace opening everything on one day, and having a few weeks of EVERYONE flocking there to see the new stores, we'll likely have a few MONTHS of this since they'll be opening sporadically.
I think this may actually work out quite well - sure,it will be strung out for a longer time, but there will also be time to get used to some new places before some others open. Staggered openings should be nice, I think. It'll be like one big party from the end of September through next year!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania