Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,571,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
Well, pooh - I thought you'd already bought the house and were just waiting to get yours closed - bummer. Altho, I'd rather be looking than still trying to sell in this ecomony and time of year. From what I understand, it's a "buyer's" market, whatever that means. Good luck!!
Yup, we are closed on the sale of our old home and now we are in the driver's seat! I can't wait to get up there to look. We will be arriving in the Hawley area on Jan. 13th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 09:13 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
You should be able to easily get a nice house for under $100k except in the richest most upscale expensive areas. The Northwest is much cheaper but theres some fairly good deals in the more popular Northeast Pennsylvania. You sold your old house for about $250k, if I remember? I wouldnt be spending more than $100k and invest the rest of the equity money into mutual funds to be saved for retirement. Im also moving to pennsylvania and theres a plethora of houses for between $20k and $50k. None of the $100k houses ive seen in Oil city are worth it when I can get a $50k house thats as nice.

Let me look around. Ok in Pike county, PA theres not alot of houses for under $100k. I did find a nice one for $120k on 1.38 acres but its only 1008 square feet! Those prices arent cheap though, not affordable for me and theres much cheaper areas of PA. I sent ya a PM about Scantron, theres some houses for under $100k but elsewhere they go for under $50k now thats a good deal and ill be moving to that area.

Last edited by Need_affordable_home; 12-08-2006 at 09:32 AM..

Old 12-09-2006, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 18,390 times
HI Need_affordable_home

I am looking for an affordabkle home to. Could you please be more specific about the areas I can find one? But it important to me though that I have a least 1 acre of land preferrable 2. The house doesn't have be very big. No McMansion for me.

Thanks in advance

bamboosmom
I'm sorry things didn't work out. I hope however that all things work out for your Highest Good

Old 12-09-2006, 07:10 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie View Post
HI Need_affordable_home

I am looking for an affordabkle home to. Could you please be more specific about the areas I can find one? But it important to me though that I have a least 1 acre of land preferrable 2. The house doesn't have be very big. No McMansion for me.

Thanks in advance

bamboosmom
I'm sorry things didn't work out. I hope however that all things work out for your Highest Good

Theres many places with lots of cheap land, even Florida has that. Youll need to live in a rural area or pay thru the nose for oversized or multiple combined lots within the city. If you dont mind rural or small town, you can get as many acres as you can afford. Lots of very cheap land in West Virginia, I have a friend who lives there and he says you can get land in the middle of nowhere for less than $1000 an acre! If the land doesnt have a house sitting on it, you may bring a mobile home or build a small one.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
I guess not all the crooks are in FL!!
Actually the ones that are crooks in Fla came from somewhere else. Most of us wish they would get OUT.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 PM

35 posts, read 114,133 times
Big mistake on passing over Tanglewood North as the ski slope just opened and they have new mgmt and board that is trying to really make something of the place

Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,255,842 times
Default Bamboosmom - still around?

This thread was started over 2 years ago, so I'm not sure if Bamboosmom is still around. Paul, do you know what happened to Rosanna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania