Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 2,086 times

Advertisements

So I've been working since 16, I'm 21 now. I'm from NJ but haven't been out there in a while. I only go to visit family but they live at exit 0 so it isn't the quickest of trips. Anyway, I mention this because my reason for unemployment stems from the preceding. I was in jersey and got pulled over in my friends car for him not having his seatbelt on. After they ran my name however, I found out I had a bench warrant out for failure to report to court. Well, there goes the next 6 days of my week. I had to wait until I could speak to the judge. And the county just so happens to be very small, so they only have court twice a month. Either way, I lost my job due to missing 3 days.. literally JUST hit the number of days. And I was a great employee, I mean I had back to back letters and emails written to the General manager, and I worked at a very successful company which I won't list. I filed 03/26/2017, and then around 04/05/2017 I started to see the "issue with claims" message. I contacted the center but no answer. And time was running out quickly so I called the senator and legislator 05/01/2017 and my claim was processed as of that date. Just wondering my likeliness of approval, and when I should hear word. Status currently says "as of 05/04/2017, my claim has been processed. Continue to file bi weekly"

Last edited by Koolkat1; 05-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: UPDATE: I work and live in PA, just mentioned NJ because of the court situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 04:29 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,582 times
I would just continue to file biweekly, as it says.

PA generally only denies UI benefits in cases of "willful misconduct".

"Willful misconduct" is generally interpreted to mean that you deliberately violated a company rule or had intentions to commit an act harmful to the business or its operations.

Since it does not seem that "willful misconduct" fits in this case, it will probably be okay.

Your former employer can appeal the decision; so be prepared to file your own appeal if they fight it.

Just stick to the facts and be truthful. It doesn't sound like you did anything intentionally wrong, you just got unlucky and company policy got you with that 3 day no call/no show rule that most places have.

Make sure that you follow the other UI rules--PA requires you to register on their job site as well.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,097 times
Did you inform your employer you are unable to come to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkat1 View Post
So I've been working since 16, I'm 21 now. I'm from NJ but haven't been out there in a while. I only go to visit family but they live at exit 0 so it isn't the quickest of trips. Anyway, I mention this because my reason for unemployment stems from the preceding. I was in jersey and got pulled over in my friends car for him not having his seatbelt on. After they ran my name however, I found out I had a bench warrant out for failure to report to court. Well, there goes the next 6 days of my week. I had to wait until I could speak to the judge. And the county just so happens to be very small, so they only have court twice a month. Either way, I lost my job due to missing 3 days.. literally JUST hit the number of days. And I was a great employee, I mean I had back to back letters and emails written to the General manager, and I worked at a very successful company which I won't list. I filed 03/26/2017, and then around 04/05/2017 I started to see the "issue with claims" message. I contacted the center but no answer. And time was running out quickly so I called the senator and legislator 05/01/2017 and my claim was processed as of that date. Just wondering my likeliness of approval, and when I should hear word. Status currently says "as of 05/04/2017, my claim has been processed. Continue to file bi weekly"

Old 05-07-2017, 09:00 PM

331 posts, read 369,723 times
PA is in the midst of a massive UC budget problem, over 500 call center workers were laid off in December and 3 calling centers were closed completely. Wait times on the phone have skyrocketed.

If you really need to get in contact with someone, your best bet is going to one of the CareerLink locations and using their dedicated hotline to get in contact with someone ASAP.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 PM

4 posts, read 2,086 times
Thank you!! All
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania