Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:49 PM

5,287 posts, read 6,086,634 times

Advertisements

This is the bizarre saga of a PA woman who was sentenced to 1 year in a NJ jail for possession of a firearm in her car, which was not loaded and locked in her trunk. Lesson: don't venture into NJ with firearms in your car even though you have a concealed carry permit in PA.

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/11/lgb...#axzz523SzfvzJ

Governor Christie's year end pardon list. Meg's name is not listed.

Christie pardons drug users, ex-cop, sex worker before Christmas

Old 12-24-2017, 02:07 AM

32,758 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Does being lesbian have anything to do with this?

Old 12-24-2017, 07:53 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
The old 'hollow point in NJ' gets them every time! This is a stupid NJ law. Non-hollow point ammunition can kill just as quick as the hollow point can if hit in a fatal location. Hollow points just increase the tissue damage and increase the chance of a kill. But some of our soft point ammunition does just as much or even more tissue damage - much of this damage simply depends on the bullet speed.

NJ is a world of it's own. I think the citizens have to wear signs around their neck: I am an unarmed, easy, hit! As far as I know they cannot carry Mace, pepper spray, Tasers or anything that could ward off an attacker.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:43 AM

24,338 posts, read 22,887,254 times
Go to New Jersey and you'll see the people there wearing football helmets and riding in VERY short busses. Look at the list of cretins and crooks they elect to so many state and national political offices.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The old 'hollow point in NJ' gets them every time! This is a stupid NJ law. Non-hollow point ammunition can kill just as quick as the hollow point can if hit in a fatal location. Hollow points just increase the tissue damage and increase the chance of a kill. But some of our soft point ammunition does just as much or even more tissue damage - much of this damage simply depends on the bullet speed.

NJ is a world of it's own. I think the citizens have to wear signs around their neck: I am an unarmed, easy, hit! As far as I know they cannot carry Mace, pepper spray, Tasers or anything that could ward off an attacker.
A slingshot is probably illegal. I'm serious. My son told me that something changed recently, but I forgot which thing. Pepper spray? I'll ask.

The hollow point argument is a wash. If you can hit the shooting range target in the middle of the head, it doesn't matter. Slightly north of center is better. You either have the eye--or you don't. Practice doesn't always make perfect. I can't do it. I cut myself when preparing dinner.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:45 PM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times
BB guns are classified as FIREARMS in NJ. Crossing the boarder with a firearm and not passing through the state under FOPA will get you put in jail if caught, even if you have a valid PA LTCF (license to carry concealed). NJ is not alone as far as neighboring states. NY, and MD are the same. You may be legal in PA, but once you cross the border you are a FELON. It is up to you to KNOW THE LAWS.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Go to New Jersey and you'll see the people there wearing football helmets and riding in VERY short busses. Look at the list of cretins and crooks they elect to so many state and national political offices.
Boo! Hiss! Relatives and friends live, and have lived in New Jersey. They didn't and don't like what's going on there.

Northeastern New Jersey rules the state. Those people have come from every state and nation. People are always posting on C-D asking where to live in Northern New Jersey.

People who have lived there for many decades or the other counties shouldn't be lumped in with them.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
BB guns are classified as FIREARMS in NJ. Crossing the boarder with a firearm and not passing through the state under FOPA will get you put in jail if caught, even if you have a valid PA LTCF (license to carry concealed). NJ is not alone as far as neighboring states. NY, and MD are the same. You may be legal in PA, but once you cross the border you are a FELON. It is up to you to KNOW THE LAWS.
Yes, you should know the laws. PA LCFC is a mosquito bite to NJ.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:42 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,153,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Boo! Hiss! Relatives and friends live, and have lived in New Jersey. They didn't and don't like what's going on there.

Northeastern New Jersey rules the state. Those people have come from every state and nation. People are always posting on C-D asking where to live in Northern New Jersey.

People who have lived there for many decades or the other counties shouldn't be lumped in with them.
Yeah that was me till 5 1/2 years ago.

Too much "D" rule doesn't make for a good thing.

Old 12-25-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Yeah that was me till 5 1/2 years ago.

Too much "D" rule doesn't make for a good thing.
I remember when you asked about car repair. I couldn't help you. Everyone I knew lived in Delran, Pennsauken, or Cherry Hill. It's a small world.

Oh, I hated that ride at Disney. Mom and I got stuck for a short time. I'll give you a world of laughter and joy--right before... Never Mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: