U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 05:08 PM

10,689 posts, read 11,553,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g500 View Post
Below are population estimates for the largest 20 PA cities. Estimates are for cities only (even though the title says Borough). The second column is the Original 2016 data.
2010-2017 population change by county. Population is only going up in 20 counties almost all in the SE corner of the state. Even fewer if they didn't calculate immigration.
  1. -9.70% Cameron County, Pennsylvania
  2. -7.39% Cambria County, Pennsylvania
  3. -5.86% Venango County, Pennsylvania
  4. -5.47% Elk County, Pennsylvania
  5. -5.47% Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania
  6. -5.43% Forest County, Pennsylvania
  7. -5.27% Sullivan County, Pennsylvania
  8. -5.16% Warren County, Pennsylvania
  9. -4.95% Greene County, Pennsylvania
  10. -4.88% McKean County, Pennsylvania
  11. -4.79% Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
  12. -4.43% Lawrence County, Pennsylvania
  13. -4.42% Indiana County, Pennsylvania
  14. -4.19% Mercer County, Pennsylvania
  15. -4.17% Somerset County, Pennsylvania
  16. -3.86% Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania
  17. -3.83% Clarion County, Pennsylvania
  18. -3.75% Potter County, Pennsylvania
  19. -3.73% Fayette County, Pennsylvania
  20. -3.43% Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
  21. -3.37% Wyoming County, Pennsylvania
  22. -3.09% Jefferson County, Pennsylvania
  23. -3.06% Wayne County, Pennsylvania
  24. -2.94% Crawford County, Pennsylvania
  25. -2.92% Pike County, Pennsylvania
  26. -2.86% Blair County, Pennsylvania
  27. -2.83% Tioga County, Pennsylvania
  28. -2.82% Bradford County, Pennsylvania
  29. -2.64% Northumberland County, Pennsylvania
  30. -2.58% Beaver County, Pennsylvania
  31. -2.58% Bedford County, Pennsylvania
  32. -2.40% Clearfield County, Pennsylvania
  33. -2.15% Erie County, Pennsylvania
  34. -2.14% Carbon County, Pennsylvania
  35. -2.03% Columbia County, Pennsylvania
  36. -1.96% Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
  37. -1.72% Fulton County, Pennsylvania
  38. -1.71% Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
  39. -1.11% Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
  40. -1.06% Monroe County, Pennsylvania
  41. -0.92% Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
  42. -0.78% Union County, Pennsylvania
  43. -0.63% Mifflin County, Pennsylvania
  44. -0.61% Clinton County, Pennsylvania
  45. -0.50% Juniata County, Pennsylvania
  46. -0.25% Washington County, Pennsylvania
  47. -0.02% Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
  48. 0.03% Montour County, Pennsylvania
  49. 0.34% Perry County, Pennsylvania SE
  50. 0.49% Bucks County, Pennsylvania SE
  51. 0.92% Adams County, Pennsylvania SE
  52. 1.02% Delaware County, Pennsylvania SE
  53. 1.56% Berks County, Pennsylvania SE
  54. 1.77% Butler County, Pennsylvania
  55. 1.90% Northampton County, Pennsylvania SE
  56. 2.55% York County, Pennsylvania SE
  57. 2.77% Snyder County, Pennsylvania
  58. 2.84% Dauphin County, Pennsylvania SE
  59. 3.09% Franklin County, Pennsylvania SE
  60. 3.28% Montgomery County, Pennsylvania SE
  61. 3.59% Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania SE
  62. 4.09% Chester County, Pennsylvania SE
  63. 4.52% Lancaster County, Pennsylvania SE
  64. 4.63% Lebanon County, Pennsylvania SE
  65. 4.86% Lehigh County, Pennsylvania SE
  66. 5.63% Centre County, Pennsylvania
  67. 6.23% Cumberland County, Pennsylvania SE

Last edited by PacoMartin; 06-05-2018 at 06:02 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:17 PM

10,689 posts, read 11,553,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I would imagine this is happening all over the US, our TFR is now at it's lowest point in 40. More millennials than any other generation just don't that interest of marriage and children so far through their adulthood.
I don't think that is true. Our TFR plunged about a decade after the pill became widely available. Immigration always brings up TFR. The census regularly used to do a hypothetical "nobody new comes and nobody leaves" population estimate since so many politicians were interested in the outcome. The population always went up.

Here are some census department projections under normal birth and death rates and immigration rates.
For US, Mexico which was once growing fast, Britain, and Ukraine as an example with low TFR and no immigration.

Midyear Population and Density - United States
Year Population Area (Sq. Km.) Density (Persons Per Sq. Km.)
2018 329,256,465 9,147,593 36.0
2049 396,540,072 9,147,593 43.3
2050 398,328,349 9,147,593 43.5

Midyear Population and Density - Mexico
2018 125,959,205 1,943,945 64.8
2049 150,471,915 1,943,945 77.4
2050 150,567,503 1,943,945 77.5

Midyear Population and Density - United Kingdom
2018 65,105,246 241,930 269.1
2049 71,086,545 241,930 293.8
2050 71,153,797 241,930 294.1

Midyear Population and Density - Ukraine
2018 43,952,299 579,330 75.9
2049 37,391,526 579,330 64.5
2050 37,148,031 579,330 64.1

The census department historically under-predicts the USA because they can't take into account illegal immigration among other things.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:19 PM

405 posts, read 339,453 times
It looks like the city I grew up in, Chester, is slowly increasing in population, after decades of decline. I'm glad to see that, although on a visit a couple of months ago, some sections still look like they have been bombed.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:22 PM

4 posts, read 2,758 times
Default Pa = high cost of living, high taxes, scammy

People are leaving the state due to its uneconomical, unfair and scammy behavior. Look at NH, for example, no state tax, no sales tax, no income tax and businesses are not taxed to death. PA you are hammered with everything, businesses are being beaten down and so are the people with the high cost of living, high property taxes, fees, taxes on top of taxes, business privilege taxes, income taxes, food taxes, now even internet taxes. We have been here less than a year and our leaving. My business and employees also are getting out of here. It is about the most expensive please to run a buniness let alone be a resident. I feel bad for the retirees in the this state they get no break either. We have a few on our street and by the time the town and broughs take their piece the poor folks are barely getting by.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:09 PM

299 posts, read 404,589 times
Hmmm...people may be moving, but within the state.
I lived in NH and loved it but couldn't make a living in it and had to move many years ago. Believe me, the government gets its nut there as well. Unless things have changed, the real estate taxes are high there.
I live in a very small town outside of Gettysburg and a number of new folks have moved into town within the last year or so. Mind you, the south eastern part of PA seems to be economically better than the rest of the state, in my opinion but am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on this!
Had a business in Massachusetts but moved it here. Yes, taxes are same, fees etc. Less layers of government there, we are still figuring it all out here..lol. However real estate is a lot less in PA. We bought a house/business that we would have had to pay 4-600 k for up there.
The grass is always greener on the other side but until ya live there, can't really speak to that. There will always be positives and negatives. Just have to figure out how to make do with what you have or are willing to deal with. If you can't...I agree, move. Did that several times in my lifetime. Strange thing is, each place I moved to or from, had neat learning experiences both positive and negative. Think this will be the last move tho. Love the idea of orchards all around me. And the idea of moving truckloads of books again is not appealing at all

Old 06-10-2018, 07:12 AM

7,533 posts, read 8,716,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fankyismaa View Post
I feel bad for the retirees in the this state they get no break either. We have a few on our street and by the time the town and broughs take their piece the poor folks are barely getting by.
Pennsylvania is routinely listed as one of the most tax-friendly states for retirees. Pennsylvania and Mississippi are the only two states that do not tax all the sources of retiree income: Social Security, pensions, IRA withdrawals and 401(k) withdrawals. I call that a break.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:52 AM

4 posts, read 2,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Pennsylvania is routinely listed as one of the most tax-friendly states for retirees. Pennsylvania and Mississippi are the only two states that do not tax all the sources of retiree income: Social Security, pensions, IRA withdrawals and 401(k) withdrawals. I call that a break.

How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills?

Old 07-25-2018, 06:55 AM

13,496 posts, read 19,389,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fankyismaa View Post
How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills? How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills?How is PA Tax friendly for retirees, income tax, is that all you got? Do you know the gas tax last I checked was over 50 cents on a gallon of gas(higher than any state in the US), let alone the other thousand taxes we have. Yeah and so many people get pensions and 401ks, lol not sure what great job you had. I hate to say most retirees I know are living of social security after grinding themselves to bone for 40 years or more, and many of them are still working just because of the high taxes and cost of living here. It is outright depressing how the state, towns and boroughs are stealing from their residents. The retirees on my block get hammered with the highest gas taxes in any state, a very high cost of living, crazy taxes, crazy fees from the town and borough. I mean someone on socials security that is retired is under a lot of pressure. Do you know in many states an counties across the US veterans actually get property tax discounts and often it is statewide. Here in PA the veterans do not get anything unless they are disabled. So that combat veteran that spends 25 years of his life serving the country for 25k a year gets no break here in PA. Did you know in many states property taxes are wayyyy lower and you often get a tax discount when you hit 65. Lets talk about the flood tax? Cripes you ven get taxes by just for being a resident. I mean really come on do you believe this is tax friendly, it is the on of the most expensive places to live of any and the cost of living is off the map. We still have a flood tax throughout the entire state. OMG wow, sometimes I swear people makes comments on here just to pretend it is ok. It needs to be fixed and this states needs to attract business and people instead of shunning them. The facts show that PA on the state, county, muni and borough level is anything but tax friendly. Want to talk about special project fees? Geesh come on it is nuts and we all know it. PA needs to remove their sales tax and reduce the tax burden on everyone. All I see is hard working great people being taken advantage of every day. I wish I could say they were fixing the roads or the turnpike fees were less but sadly no. Talk about a big red sign saying "do not move your business here." Wait, do not forget about the crazy utility rates? You know your power gas and water/sewer bills?
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,232,260 times
Nice to see Scranton and Harrisburg stabilizing. The bleeding also seems to have slowed around Williamsport. Of course, the million dollar question is when will the bleeding finally stop in Western PA? Probably not for at least another 30 years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania