Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 05:24 PM

165 posts, read 516,296 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just got a promotion today that will have me working in Basking Ridge, NJ. We currently live in Tampa and were originally looking into moving to PA. It looks like we can still live in the Easton area, but know nothing about it. We will need to rent a 2 bedroom apartment that allows small (25lb) dogs). Where are some good neighborhoods where we can rent and the kids can go to a good school? How would the commute be? Are we better off in PA?

It seems like NJ might be too expensive, but I will post there as well. We appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 08:15 AM

8 posts, read 41,076 times
Default sponge....its not too bad....

I drive an extreme commute from Berks County down 78E to Morristown NJ
70mi one way. If you get to the NJ border before 6: am or just a little after it’s not bad. After 6:30 beginning at exit 11 on 78E west portal Patten burg exit will be slowed, there are many accidents right there weekly, its the curve in the road. The traffic slows an average of about 45MPH all the way from exit 11until the 287 exits about 25miles up the road. Where 78E keeps going you will be fine but still somewhat slowed to about 60 MPH avg. From PA to NJ there is very little traffic at the 6:30 time but once you hit NJ it gets bad and grows every 15 min exponentially by several thousand cars. Also when traffic backs up get in the right lane not left it moves much faster. On the way home 78W if you get to the infamous 78W exit 15 Clinton before 4:30 its ok afterward it slows until you almost hit the PA border after Phillipsburg NJ. NJ traffic is a problem the earlier you can leave to and from work the better. All in all it’s definitely doable and actually 50mi commute is nothing compared to most people I know.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 AM

34 posts, read 123,525 times
i live in Easton and I am always in NJ and NYC, there is a communtiy in Williams township that may allow you to have dogs there! If I am not mistaking isn't Basking Ridge off of 78 or is it off of 287? Either way you look at it you will be there in less than an hour! 78 is not that bad depending on the other drivers,but 287 is very croweded after a certain hour. If you need anymore help feel free to ask I will try to reply asap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: