Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 08:25 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 15 days ago)

34,476 posts, read 16,559,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's considerably less than 1%. I've said before that as a bare MINIMUM, absolute bare MINIMUM, at least ten times as many as those who have tested positive for the virus have caught it. I'd wager money that 20 times as many would be a good starting point considering how contagious this virus is and how the symptoms range from practically none to very mild to serious to deadly. Even with a jump in cases since the lockdowns have eased, the death rate continues to go down indicating that its less dangerous than the fear mongers have tried to fool us into believing. I'd test positive as having had it and I had a cold in November that was a lot more serious. A cold I was over in a weeks time.
Now I hear that the two bozos that want to dictate over us( which is a chillingly accurate word), the Governor and Health Secretary want to force people to wear masks outside. Yeah, F them and just let those two fascist rejects from a George Orwell novel try to enforce that.
It's been obvious for some time that the control freaks and alarmists, a/k/a lockdown artists want to overstate things and create panic. That being said I think a sensible middle ground is to always have masks available and put them on when in sustained, i.e. more than 30 second contact with people outside, and to wear them inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 02:28 AM

24,348 posts, read 22,903,146 times
What about how they're screwing over the children and their educations? If they wanted to really dumb down the civilian population, that's the way to do it. Deprive them of an education. Kids( and adults) today have lost socialization skills with being online and not having face to face time with others. If they don't go back to school, so many poorer students will be left with nothing to prepare them for the work place and surviving in society.
All they'll be good for is watching online movies, playing games, listening to music and protesting because they can't get a job above minimum wage.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:56 PM

24,348 posts, read 22,903,146 times
I did read in the paper today that 68% of the deaths in pa were in nursing homes. They let those places get exposed( early on at least) but closed down the schools.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:58 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,418,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's considerably less than 1%. I've said before that as a bare MINIMUM, absolute bare MINIMUM, at least ten times as many as those who have tested positive for the virus have caught it. I'd wager money that 20 times as many would be a good starting point considering how contagious this virus is and how the symptoms range from practically none to very mild to serious to deadly. Even with a jump in cases since the lockdowns have eased, the death rate continues to go down indicating that its less dangerous than the fear mongers have tried to fool us into believing. I'd test positive as having had it and I had a cold in November that was a lot more serious. A cold I was over in a weeks time.
Now I hear that the two bozos that want to dictate over us( which is a chillingly accurate word), the Governor and Health Secretary want to force people to wear masks outside. Yeah, F them and just let those two fascist rejects from a George Orwell novel try to enforce that.
What are your qualifications for making such confident projections? Experts have projected it is likely around 10 times higher. Dr. Scott Gottlieb said it could be as high as 20 times higher, but no where mentions 20 times higher as a "starting point." By all indications, it seems to be the ceiling in his estimates. Interestingly, those figures put the death rate right around 1%, right where estimates have been all along. Link: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/coro...lieb-says.html

I want to remind everyone that as of today, 134K people in the US have died from COVID. This number is reported, confirmed COVID deaths. Like unreported recoveries, unreported deaths are also a factor in numbers: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...lobalData.aspx

Regardless of whether or not they are elderly, immunocompromised, or just average middle-aged adults, these deaths are significant losses for our country. Regardless of your chances of dying, or the chances of someone you know dying, the risk of spreading COVID matters. I cannot believe people are still whining about masks under the guise of some narrow, shallow understanding of the term "freedom."

Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM

51 posts, read 232,089 times
I guess I am biased as I lost my wife and barely survived it myself. If you feel it is within your rights to not wear a mask in public, think about your elderly mother, father, or just friends that could catch it. How hard is it. Yes the young have been largely unaffected by it but that is changing and now they are dieing. I don't wish ill of anyone but wait until you experience it first hand. And yes I will walk out of a store with people not wearing masks, as I drag my oxygen cylinder behind me so I can breathe.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:19 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksr View Post
I guess I am biased as I lost my wife and barely survived it myself. If you feel it is within your rights to not wear a mask in public, think about your elderly mother, father, or just friends that could catch it. How hard is it. Yes the young have been largely unaffected by it but that is changing and now they are dieing. I don't wish ill of anyone but wait until you experience it first hand. And yes I will walk out of a store with people not wearing masks, as I drag my oxygen cylinder behind me so I can breathe.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. I work in an office full of Republicans who don’t want to wear a mask because they still think it’s a “hoax”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: