Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:47 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Tony's on Crystal Street is still there! Actually thanks for mentioning them, I haven't been there in a while.

Also on Crystal Street is a place called D.W. Dawgs serving Newark-style Italian hot dogs. (The owner of DW Dawgs is "diverse" in case the OP is still tuning in).

And a new place opened on Courtland recently called Lani's Grilled Cheese that I haven't tried yet. Grilled Cheese places seem to be popular now; I don't remember seeing one until a few years ago.
They are a different owner with a different recipe. They are not the same pizzeria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2021, 09:09 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Then easily dismiss that we are not a systemically racist nation.
I have come to believe most people do not know what "systemic" means.

Old 03-25-2021, 02:22 PM

599 posts, read 498,445 times
Quote:
Seems you do not have a refined taste that us Pennsylvanians have. I worked 20 years as a NYC cop and there is no pizza in NYC that comes close to the excellence of Old Forge Pizza.
Funny stuff. I was once in Old Forge and decided to track down some of this legendary pizza excellence. I stopped a town cop, and asked him who made the best famous Old Forge pizza? He shrugged his shoulders and told me how to get to the two places that were the most popular. I then said, "you don't seem to be a fan, eh?" He then told me he wasn't impressed in the least, but that makes him an outlier in a town that believes that they have the world's best.

I stopped by the pizza joint, had a few "cuts" since apparently slices were not a thing. They were fair to good. I The Poconos literally has too many old world pizza joints, straight out of NYC, to count on your hands, and all of them blow the Old Forge stuff away. Of all the famous, "you got to try this" Pennsylvania foods, Soft pretzels, cheese steaks, whoopie pies, etc. that I've eaten, in nearly 60 years of stuffing my pie hole, I found the whole shtick of "Old Forge" pizza, was definitely the most oversold, and underwhelming of the lot.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:45 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,944,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
Funny stuff. I was once in Old Forge and decided to track down some of this legendary pizza excellence. I stopped a town cop, and asked him who made the best famous Old Forge pizza? He shrugged his shoulders and told me how to get to the two places that were the most popular. I then said, "you don't seem to be a fan, eh?" He then told me he wasn't impressed in the least, but that makes him an outlier in a town that believes that they have the world's best.

I stopped by the pizza joint, had a few "cuts" since apparently slices were not a thing. They were fair to good. I The Poconos literally has too many old world pizza joints, straight out of NYC, to count on your hands, and all of them blow the Old Forge stuff away. Of all the famous, "you got to try this" Pennsylvania foods, Soft pretzels, cheese steaks, whoopie pies, etc. that I've eaten, in nearly 60 years of stuffing my pie hole, I found the whole shtick of "Old Forge" pizza, was definitely the most oversold, and underwhelming of the lot.
Just googled for images. Looks like Ohio Valley Pizza. Just garbage.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:49 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytybaby View Post
A family member of mine is looking in Milford PA but I’m concerned they’ll be the only black family there and won’t fit in. How diverse would you say Milford is and what areas in Pocono region has more diversity?

Thank you
There is some] diversity in several areas of the Poconos; mainly in Monroe County. I live in Carbon and there's little in my immediate area; near Jim Thorpe. There's slightly more diversity in Lehighton but not much.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:24 PM

32,928 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Just googled for images. Looks like Ohio Valley Pizza. Just garbage.
And they both look like Sicilian pizza.

Old 03-27-2021, 02:45 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I have come to believe most people do not know what "systemic" means.
Obviously not, or those who scream about it the most wouldn't keep voting for the system.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:03 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,944,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
And they both look like Sicilian pizza.
I’ll bet you most Sicilians would feel defamed by this claim.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:15 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Quote:
Milford Pa is about 95% white and less than 1% black. Pike county is a red county that voted for Trump 60% to Biden 40%. Now, none of that matters. It’s 2021, not the 1960’s. Your family member will be fine and will fit in. Milford is a really nice town that they will enjoy. Systemic racism in this nation is a figment of an idiots imagination. I grew up in the Lake Wallenpaupack area and is the greatest place on earth and would Do anything to go back. It just isn’t in the cards right now for us.

For the record, NEPA has some of the best food, especially pizza. No other place in the US can compare to Old Forge pizza.
>>>. Systemic racism is not idiocy, its just politicized partisan BS that is greatly exaggerated. You tell people they're racist or that others are racist and many will believe it and become idiots. But you are 100% right in everything else you said. The only knock I have against the Poconos is they seem to have the worst winter weather in PA and too many from NJ and NYC move there. It was better when it was less crowded and more of a a vacation area.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:26 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,517,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytybaby View Post
A family member of mine is looking in Milford PA but I’m concerned they’ll be the only black family there and won’t fit in. How diverse would you say Milford is and what areas in Pocono region has more diversity?

Thank you
Here's the OP, please get back on topic. Note that the OP is not asking anything about pizza.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania