Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 05:00 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
That is just crazy.

"Pennsylvania acting Secretary of Health Alison Beam stood behind her department’s guidance issued to nursing homes last spring to accept COVID-19 patients back into their facilities after hospitalization."

I don't consider that well done at all. Keeping covid out of nursing homes was probably the biggest lever there was to minimize deaths and hospitalizations, and they got it backwards.

Just like Cuomo, Wolf is responsible for the deaths of thousands of seniors. Now, by prioritizing healthy teachers, wolf will be responsible for the deaths of more seniors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 05:44 AM

166 posts, read 91,307 times
The dems have to take care of their biggest donors. Sorry but I’ve been working in a hospital around hundreds if not thousands of people a day. I currently have Covid and on quarantine. I personally think those teachers should be back in school. Terrible that they’re all getting paid big bucks here in western pa and they’re not doing anything. I have a few neighbors who are laughing to the bank.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old96 View Post
The dems have to take care of their biggest donors. Sorry but I’ve been working in a hospital around hundreds if not thousands of people a day. I currently have Covid and on quarantine. I personally think those teachers should be back in school. Terrible that they’re all getting paid big bucks here in western pa and they’re not doing anything. I have a few neighbors who are laughing to the bank.

A supermarket is far more risky than a low risk teacher in a classroom with almost zero risk students.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:47 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I healthy teacher is not in as much risk as a person with a health condition or a senior citizen.
A healthy teacher who has to teach in-person some, or all, of the time in a crowded classroom that may have poor ventilation is at far higher risk of contracting the virus than a senior citizen who can hunker down and quarantine at home. I 100% support teachers being classified as 1B.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:20 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,217,604 times
Quote:
Just like Cuomo, Wolf is responsible for the deaths of thousands of seniors. Now, by prioritizing healthy teachers, wolf will be responsible for the deaths of more seniors.

Prioritizing teachers is also protecting children. We can't all be first.

And I'm a 72 yr old cancer survivor on a waiting list. I will gladly wait longer if it helps a child directly or indirectly.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:51 AM

325 posts, read 368,701 times
Quote:
If you wife is not a senior or has a health condition she is not going to get a serious case while the vaccine she is getting could go to a high risk person who has a much higher probability of death if they get infected.
Teachers teaching in-person are going to have a much higher risk of contracting COVID then a elderly person sitting at home all day. Parents are sending their kids to school sick anyway. Every couple days, we get an email that a child tested positive, and they are scrubbing the school. Then the teachers bring the virus home. How do you know that the teachers don’t have high risk family members at home?

Old 03-04-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
A healthy teacher who has to teach in-person some, or all, of the time in a crowded classroom that may have poor ventilation is at far higher risk of contracting the virus than a senior citizen who can hunker down and quarantine at home. I 100% support teachers being classified as 1B.

They are not at risk because except the high risk groups they will not get sick. Over 80% of people get infected have little to no symptoms. Meanwhile they are taking vaccines from someone who getting infected could be a death sentence. COVID-19 is only dangerous to very specific groups. To the rest it is about as dangerous as the flu or even less.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Z-B View Post
Teachers teaching in-person are going to have a much higher risk of contracting COVID then a elderly person sitting at home all day. Parents are sending their kids to school sick anyway. Every couple days, we get an email that a child tested positive, and they are scrubbing the school. Then the teachers bring the virus home. How do you know that the teachers don’t have high risk family members at home?

A health teacher getting the disease does not get sick. That is the science. The science also indicated children do not spread the disease. Meanwhile seniors and people with health conditions who get infected die at a much much much higher rate.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Prioritizing teachers is also protecting children. We can't all be first.

And I'm a 72 yr old cancer survivor on a waiting list. I will gladly wait longer if it helps a child directly or indirectly.

Children and health teachers are not at risk for much more than a minor illness. 80% of people get little to no symptoms. A senior or person with medical a medical is at risk for death.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:17 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
They are not at risk because except the high risk groups they will not get sick. Over 80% of people get infected have little to no symptoms. Meanwhile they are taking vaccines from someone who getting infected could be a death sentence. COVID-19 is only dangerous to very specific groups. To the rest it is about as dangerous as the flu or even less.
This is patently false. Young, healthy people are significantly less likely to develop complications, but enough younger people without preexisting conditions have suffered severe or long-term symptoms, and even died, that COVID can’t be written off like the flu for ANY age group.

1B means that teachers did not get priority before first-line responders and people who were at the most risk based on age or preexisting conditions. Teachers are at the same spot in line as younger seniors. That’s in no way inequitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: