Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 04:21 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
This ^ in May of 2021 is the posters last post on this site. People can, of course, continue to post, but I wouldn't assume Homer Bound is listening.
The last 6 posts were in response to post #63 and not to the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 05:59 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
This ^ in May of 2021 is the posters last post on this site. People can, of course, continue to post, but I wouldn't assume Homer Bound is listening.
I didn't assume at all, but I see others posting recently with questions and/or more information. A thread doesn't have to be visited by the OP but can rather be a source of information for people that actually search the forum. Odd concept, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
The last 6 posts were in response to post #63 and not to the OP.
Exactly.

Old 04-08-2022, 08:56 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,511,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav4later View Post
Did you ever make the move? I would love to hear what you did and where you ended up.

I am considering relocating to PA to retire in the next 12-18 months, or sooner, if I can find the right community. We want to be close enough to get to Pittsburgh within an 60-90 minutes or so, but most important is 5-10 acres and some hills and trees. A lake within driving distance would be icing on the cake.

I am a college professor and I teach 100% online, so I can live and work from anywhere...as long as the internet is strong! (BTW...NEVER, EVER consider Hughesnet for Internet. TERRIBLE Service and TERRIBLE Customer Service, and hidden fees and charges.)
Please start a new post. What tends to happen when people ask different questions about an older post (essentially starting a new thread within an old one) is that some people will respond to the original poster, and some will respond to the new post and it just gets confusing.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 26,595 times
Well it's been 11 months since we've relocated to State College in PA. We rented a town-home here and have just passed 20,000 miles on our new 2021 Kia Sorento. We have been non stop looking at properties north, south, east and west of here, but we are still searching for that perfect dream retirement home. I would say that the biggest hold up is the housing market's over priced condition. I am not going to pay an extra 35% on a home when it doesn't check all the boxes and have the bells and whistles we are looking for. We do appreciate all the advice from the people who posted here on this forum. Our end game is to find the "ONE" and when we do... it's gonna be done. The state is beautiful and compared to southern california.. a slice of heaven. Sorry I haven't posted more frequently, but there was not much to post about.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:45 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
State College is a beautiful area.

Welcome to PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania