Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 08:02 AM

5,302 posts, read 6,185,664 times

Advertisements

What are the issues that Shapiro is running on? There are articles on Shapiro's past accomplishments but what will be his primary goals as governor? Article below on Shapiro's and Mastriano's big campaign donors.

https://nextpittsburgh.com/latest-ne...ampaign-money/

Old 10-14-2022, 09:08 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
What are the issues that Shapiro is running on? There are articles on Shapiro's past accomplishments but what will be his primary goals as governor? Article below on Shapiro's and Mastriano's big campaign donors.

Shapiro doesn't want to overturn same-sex marriage. Mastriano does. As a gay man that's enough for Mastriano to lose my vote and for Shapiro to earn my vote.

Old 10-14-2022, 09:34 AM

9,350 posts, read 13,014,153 times
In Wells’ latest game of anti-Semitic dog-whistling, Wells implies something must be off because many of Shapiro’s biggest donors come from Pennsylvania zip codes (and, *gasp*, different states) with large Jewish populations, in stark contrast to good Christian American Doug Mastriano!

The thing is, I will bet you dollars to donuts that the Pennsylvania zip code Democratic campaign donor map for Wolf vs. Corbett is remarkably similar to Shapiro vs. Mastriano. Perhaps you’re unaware, but Wolf—despite his quasi-Jewish surname, affiliation with the York County JCC, and warmth and friendliness toward his Jewish constituents—is not Jewish himself.

Now, the Pennsylvania zip code Republican campaign donor map for both of Corbett’s gubernatorial races is probably somewhat different than Mastriano’s. While I found Corbett a lackluster Governor and agreed with him on very few policy points, I have no reason to believe that he hated Jews or was willing to cozy up to Jew-haters in an attempt to get votes. Corbett may have gotten some traction among the Orthodox Jewish community, which, unlike every other denomination of Judaism, skews heavily Republican.

As for what issues Shapiro is running on, look no further than Shapiro’s campaign website. It is (or should be) very clear to someone as young as a middle school student with grade-level reading comprehension.

Last edited by ElijahAstin; 10-14-2022 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-14-2022, 10:07 AM

732 posts, read 603,079 times
Quote:

Oh geesh. Not this crazy conspiracy blather again.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:15 AM

9,350 posts, read 13,014,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Mitchell View Post
Oh geesh. Not this crazy conspiracy blather again.
Unfortunately, anti-Semitism is a tale as old as time.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:14 AM

5,302 posts, read 6,185,664 times
I did not find that particular website. Now that I see it, it's just a reiteration of the ultra liberal boiler plate talking points.

1. abortion rights. It was damn stupid for Mastriano to oppose abortion in all circumstances. Even the most conservative suburban women want to be able to obtain a safe legal abortion if they need one.

2. Black economic equity. That means affirmative action in hiring and preferential admission to colleges and graduate schools. That program should have run its course a long time ago.

3.Creating good jobs and job training. What exactly are these good jobs? PA has lost a lot of high value added manufacturing over the decades. Job training means throwing more money at the educational establishment with no promise of a job once the training is completed.

4. Criminal justice. Jon Fetterman has expounded on this issue.

5. Cutting costs. Would Shapiro include eliminating collective bargaining and political patronage?

7. Education. Throw more money at the educational establishment.

8. Energy and the environment. Get rid of the last coal fired and nuclear power plants. Eliminate all space heating to be replaced by foot stomping to keep warm.

9. Health care. Increase payments to hospitals who are stuck with unpaid treatment of illegal aliens.

10. LGBT+ Rub the citizens' noses in perversion.

11. Rural communities. Many have lost their factories or mines and become economic basket cases. Shapiro's solution is to bring in high speed internet so that locals can train to become machine language programmers.

12. Voting rights. Reform the voting in Philadelphia first.

13. Housing. Get rid of the PA Housing Finance Agency. The state does not belong in underwriting housing.

I've skipped a couple. But you get the picture.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:24 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,603,469 times
I personally find it hysterical that Doug "man of the people" Mastriano's single-biggest donation came from a right-wing billionaire couple in Illinois, Richard and Elizabeth Uihlein. To the tune of $1 million.

But yes, let's go on accusing Josh Shapiro of an "elitist cabal."

Old 10-14-2022, 12:28 PM

1,397 posts, read 916,668 times
Quote:
9. Health care. Increase payments to hospitals who are stuck with unpaid treatment of illegal aliens.
You're right, how horrible. These subhumans should just be left to die and their corpses be spit upon.

Old 10-14-2022, 02:38 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,095,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
You're right, how horrible. These subhumans should just be left to die and their corpses be spit upon.
That’s what any good (right-wing) Christian would do.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:38 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,453,243 times
Stealth candidate sounds kind of cool. I used to play a video game in which the characters who could stealth were actually quite intelligent and powerful.

Last edited by Muinteoir; 10-14-2022 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania