Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 10:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,835 times

Advertisements

I am very concerned about our drinking water situation. Heres why:

Raw sewage
Pittsburgh's waste treatment plant Alcosan (North Shore) dumps an estimated 21 billion gallons of raw sewage into the river every year
News Clip:

YouTube - pittsburgh sewage

They were fined 1.6 million dollars for violating the clean water act

\Lead levels in our water:
Lead leads to almost 5000,000 learning disabilities in children.

YouTube - wtae lead

Drugs in our Water
Pharmaceutical Drugs in our Water. If our water has medication from someone else, it can create a huge health risk. Especially if men are getting a dose of women’s hormone pills. Hormones can change the being that you are. This one scares me the most.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7LzJ9pRDk

Industry Pollution:
The industry (mills) are dumping ton after ton of toxins in our river. Most of our water source comes from the river.

Cancer:
Cancer along the River is much higher than in other areas. Doctors call our area "Cancer Valley".

Bottled Water:
Most bottled water is tap water from other locations.
"Us news and world report"

Chlorine:
According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality
“CANCER RISK AMONG PEOPLE
DRINKING CHLORIINATED WATER IS
93% HIGHER THAN AMONG THOSE
WHOSE WATER DOES NOT CONTAIN
CHLORINE”.

My point is this, water is used in the human body as a cleanser or flush to rid the toxins from us. How are the cells of our body going to stay clean if we are ingesting this stuff
After much research and testing, in home treatment is the only solution and most cost effective. There are many filters out there. You have to sift thru the junk though.

Reverse Osmosis and water distillers are the best filtering systems money can buy. Anything less than 6 stages on the osmosis systems won't do.
I found a company in Steubenville Ohio that carries both machines in which we did business with. Feel free to check them yourself. They also gave me a water test at no charge.
http://wateremedies.com/index.html
Products page.
There is also a news vids link but it takes a minute to load.
We have been very satisfied with our equipment and service.

I just wonder how many of us suffer from the effects of what is supposed to be the basic cure all for us. Water.

I am very interested to hear others feelings on this matter.
Yours Truly,
Kevin

Last edited by chico012; 06-23-2008 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 02:49 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,332,580 times
I was setting up saltwater fish tanks and called the local water company asking what they put in the water. "Why are you asking, who wants to know?" They were very guarded about it until I old them why I asked. Surprise! Part of what they were adding is arsenic. For awhile they were adding chloramine instead of chlorine because it stays in the water longer. If you don't want chlorine in your water fill a jug and let it set out for a couple hours or overnight. You can also add a reverse osmosis unit to your sink and it will remove all chemicals giving you nothing but pure water.

For no particular reason I was told by a Pitt employee that the chemistry dept. routinely dumps hazardous waste into the sewer at their UPARC facility in Harmarville. They work in the chemistry dept. and witnessed this first hand. Maybe that's a lot easier than going through whatever is called for by legal procedures.

Years ago in the area where I live there was numerous springs and people would take their jugs and fill them up. I was little and didn't know why they bothered. Then without notice all the springs were capped and there's no sign of where they used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania