Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,748 times

Advertisements

Well in my 15 almost 16 years of living in Lancaster I have never seen or heard of any gang activities (except this one time I was a park as saw a shooting but like that was chill). I wouldn’t recommend moving to Lancaster but only because it’s so boring. I think we should have MORE gang activity but that’s just my opinion and that’s the tea sis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,181,563 times
This is an 11-year-old thread, folks.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:50 PM

436 posts, read 342,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancastergalgang View Post
that’s the tea sis.
Wuh?

Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
This is an 11-year-old thread, folks.
C-D encourages people to resurrect dead threads.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancastergalgang View Post
Well in my 15 almost 16 years of living in Lancaster I have never seen or heard of any gang activities (except this one time I was a park as saw a shooting but like that was chill). I wouldn’t recommend moving to Lancaster but only because it’s so boring. I think we should have MORE gang activity but that’s just my opinion and that’s the tea sis.
Gangs have been an underlying problem in today's society. From Blood and Crips to even the small ones no one knows about, they are an existing thorn in the US. One of the predominant areas in the US where gangs exist is in Lancaster PA. I see that some are beginning to question whether this is true or not. However, historically crime rates have always been higher in this area. Not only are gangs real and only increasing in size, but they can have serious repercussions to those they target.

To begin, the number of gangs are expanding. I say this because a sane person would not want their kids living in an area in which gangs are frequent. It allows the risk for the child to become a part of them. An article says, "Police say nationally, gangs are on the rise and they expect to see more in Lancaster because of that. Right now, they estimate the city has as many as 10 different gangs."[1] Even if this article was in 2013, there would be no reason for gangs to have left the city. In fact, due to the high amount of established gangs present, others will want to follow to be able to thrive. This will be especially true when high ranking gangs are well-known in the area. As a result, the severity of the situation in Lancaster will only increase.

Not only are gangs going in size, but the crimes they commit are becoming serious. Not only do these people target others to kill, but they also have the power to mess with their whole lives. A more recent study, done in 2016, states, "He says gang violence is increasing. In recent years he has seen gangs expand into other crimes, different crimes than usual. Fraud, identity theft from a property theft, from stores."[2] The fact that a gang can have the tools needed to commit fraud and identity theft should articulate the severity of the dangers that gangs they represent. Not only do they cause physical damage, but mental too. Their drug trafficking system will affect the community as a whole, if not you directly. It can be worrying knowing that anyone may be part of the gang or a drug dealer/user. To summarize, do not think lightly of even the smallest gangs in the streets.

In conclusion, gangs in Lancaster show no sign of slowing down. Others need to begin to realize the impact that moving to Lancaster may have on their life. It can negatively impact their family and safety as they do not seem to be on the decline anytime soon. Do not risk yourself in moving here when you can be safer in other areas of the world.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-11-2019 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: new posters cannot post links

Old 05-31-2019, 02:10 PM

599 posts, read 498,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by very avid city data fan View Post
Gangs have been an underlying problem in today's society. From Blood and Crips to even the small ones no one knows about, they are an existing thorn in the US. One of the predominant areas in the US where gangs exist is in Lancaster PA. I see that some are beginning to question whether this is true or not. However, historically crime rates have always been higher in this area. Not only are gangs real and only increasing in size, but they can have serious repercussions to those they target.

[1] https://www.wgal.com/article/a-look-...-gangs/6224643

[2] https://www.wgal.com/article/what-ki...county/5961733
The highlighted sentence is perhaps the most absurd thing I have read in a long, long time. Your citations are 3-6 years old. If you research further, you will see that the local law enforcement has stated that the modest, (and often wannabee) "gang activity" peaked in 2006-2007. School kids running around pretending to be hardcore, but with no real affiliation to the national gangs they claim to be members of, is how one detective described it. I read the local paper every day, and listen to WGAL every morning. It has been many, many years since I have even heard the word "gang" mentioned on local news. I don't know if you write dramatic fiction for a hobby, but you sure managed to whip up a post full of fear mongering garbage, that has little to do with reality. There are cities in this country where gangs rule their domains, and patrol officers are afraid to even step out of their cars, including parts of Baltimore, a 90 mile drive south. Calling Lancaster "one of the predominant areas where gangs exists" is ridiculous, and akin to claiming that nursing homes are a hotbed of Islamic militant activity. Pretty much a one post wonder, from a serious drama queen.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:12 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,512 times
Gotta watch out for those Amish Gangs. I heard they jumped a guy last week for using his cell phone in their territory after his car broke down.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:52 PM

429 posts, read 719,110 times
Default Shocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Gotta watch out for those Amish Gangs. I heard they jumped a guy last week for using his cell phone in their territory after his car broke down.
Ha ha. And then he got pelted with whoopie pies!

The Amish are pacifists. Obvious troll here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania