Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,044 times

Advertisements

I wish I could take credit for those photos but they are not mine. I found them browsing google images so props to the photo takers whomever they are. Good job.

Those defending Philadlephia never said Philadelphia was perfect.I never insinuated every area of the city looked like Rittenhouse Square. You on the otherhand would like everybody to believe that livable neighborhoods in Philadlephia do not exist.

Who is the one with the agenda here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,394 times
I grew up on Long Island and have lived the last 6 years in PA (three different areas!), and I LOVE Philly! I think it's a great city.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
LOL, now show the rest of Philly, not just one ritzy area.
You're such a loser. You're in New Hampshire now don't you think it's time to forget about your horrible experience living in Philadelphia/Pennsylvania?

No one is saying Philly doesn't have horrible areas. Because it does, but the city is huge and there are just as many beautiful neighborhoods as bad ones. I always have this feeling that if the city's demographics were different, it would be getting a lot more praise.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,136,350 times
I have negatively criticized Philly before. Perhaps, in this thread. I did not go through the whole thing today. Philly has some great neighborhoods if you are into music and art. However, the old guard brings the city down. Not just residents but backwards politicians and it's blind liberalism. I'd rather be in other cities. I will never live in Philly. At one time when I was young and dumb I thought that was a great idea. Now that Im older and wiser I see the city for what it is. This is not to suggest that on occasion I will not visit there. I'll go to a Phillies game, have a drink at Mcglinchies, sit in one of those parks in the historic area, and see a concert somewhere. Afterwards Im glad to be able to hightail it out of there.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,529,408 times
Oh I can answer that in a pinch.. from a Pittsburgh point of view. Its us vs them. East coast mentatlity vs Mid West mentality. They clash and each city is the apitomy of thier respective cultures. Way too much attention is spent on Philly and not enough on Pittsburgh, is the perception I've gathered.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 PM

347 posts, read 1,149,536 times
Philadlephia is substantially larger than Pittsburgh, by about 1,100,000 people. Of course Philadelphia is going to get more attention and it deserves most it too. I will agree that Pittsburgh does get less than adequate though.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:04 PM

7,269 posts, read 10,587,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
I wish I could take credit for those photos but they are not mine. I found them browsing google images so props to the photo takers whomever they are. Good job.

Those defending Philadlephia never said Philadelphia was perfect.I never insinuated every area of the city looked like Rittenhouse Square. You on the otherhand would like everybody to believe that livable neighborhoods in Philadlephia do not exist.
Well put, rainrock. It's like when someone proposes just one positive aspect of the city, they're accused of wearing rose-colored glasses. The pictures you post -- regardless of where their source is -- are always spectacular.

Like I've said plenty of times, Philadelphia is hardly green pastures with ponies and rainbows, but some of us have an eye that can overlook the grit and see a real urban gem. It's all about personal outlook, folks.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:30 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Well Philadelphia has some really hot Italian guys, so that's good enough to make me embrace it!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM

347 posts, read 1,149,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well Philadelphia has some really hot Italian guys, so that's good enough to make me embrace it!
Phladelphia has a lot of hot history, so that's enough to make me embrace it.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremontpa View Post
Philadlephia is substantially larger than Pittsburgh, by about 1,100,000 people. Of course Philadelphia is going to get more attention and it deserves most it too. I will agree that Pittsburgh does get less than adequate though.
Thank you. People from Pittsburgh are always whining about Philly. Its really tiresome. Philly is much larger than Pittsburgh and as nice of a city as Pittsburgh is, Philadelphia carries most of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania