Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:44 PM

195 posts, read 421,405 times

Advertisements

I will throw where I live in the mix as well.

Warren, PA-It is a town of about 10,000, and it is about a 20 minute drive if you want to go to the bigger city of Jamestown, New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 14,318 times
Going north to visit family, I have to drive through Wellsboro, PA. And I always think it would be a nice place to live.

[url=http://www.wellsboropa.com/pages/community/gallery/wellsboro.php/URL]

Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 AM

635 posts, read 1,165,739 times
Wellsboro is way too isolated. Is that rail line even active anymore?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Wellsboro is way too isolated. Is that rail line even active anymore?
The tourist train is going.

It is pretty isolated which can be a positive or negative depending on what suits you. It's a 1-2 hour drive to anything significant like good shopping or health care. The isolation also brings higher prices for anything you buy in Wellsboro.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM

154 posts, read 662,365 times
I used to live in Downingown, PA 19335 and it was great! Right at the Brandywine River, not a lot of traffic.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 AM

5 posts, read 14,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_74 View Post
I used to live in Downingown, PA 19335 and it was great! Right at the Brandywine River, not a lot of traffic.

Downingtown has grown quite a bit in the last five years. Alot of developments and retail has moved in, and traffic has gotten pretty bad.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 AM

154 posts, read 662,365 times
I haven't been there for many years. Probably won't recognize anything when I'd get there now :-D

Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,890 times
Milford Pa is beautiful. I think it offers everything you are looking for.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,873 times
Wink warren pa is ideal

For anyone looking to move to Pa, i suggest looking into Warren. It sits next to the Allegheney National Forest. Warren is 7 miles from the Kinzua Reservoir which is 22 miles long. There is nothing manmade on the Res except for one marina in PA and one in NY state. It is a heavenly place with nothing but water, trees and sky. Great for boating, swimming, camping (many campgrounds) or picnicking, backpacking, etc. Warren is a very attractive town with much Victorian charm, a real sense of history, and housing prices are extremeley low. There is next to no "real crime". There are other beautiful outdoor recreation areas such as Chapman Dam. Warren is close to Jamestown, NY (if you need a big mall experience in your life) and Chautauqua Institution (if you have never heard of it please goggle it...it's an amazing place). The Historic Struthers Library Theatre brings a lot of entertainment in the various arts. I know Warren well because it is my home town. I now live 75 miles away (moved 1 1/2 years ago) and find myself missing it greatly. Warren is a very old town and its downtown has buildings dating back to 1830. There are special events year long like Music in the Park all summer and a Winter Festival held every year. It is close enough to Erie to go for shopping, shows, and my favorite: Presque Isle.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 PM

259 posts, read 851,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion11 View Post
State College, Pa meets you're requirements well, especially in the nice scenery catagory. Will even be featered in the September issue of National Geographic Adventure as one of the "fifty next great adventure towns." It was the only PA town to be selected.

Centre Daily Local News - State College and Centre County | Centre Daily (broken link)
Rapid City, SD got picked for that too. I've always wanted to go to State College. Never got around to heading that direction. I'll agree with Lewisburg, PA. That's a nice town. One of my brothers was born at Evan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania