Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whats your favorite PA region?
Philadelphia and its Countryside 13 13.83%
Lehigh Valley 6 6.38%
Anthracite Coal Region 8 8.51%
Susquehanna Valley (Central Penn) 20 21.28%
North-Central Pennsylvania 9 9.57%
Pittsburgh + Metro 14 14.89%
North-Western Pennsylvania 16 17.02%
All of Pennsylvania 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,779,364 times

Advertisements

I actually like all of PA. Each region is unique and has its own special gifts to offer. I love the rolling Alleghenies; The northern woods; the southwestern countryside; farmlands, pocono romance and the hip, hectic Philly scene. It's all good for me !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM

641 posts, read 2,363,992 times
My favorite region is the part where you exit and the the sign says that you're in a different state.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM

347 posts, read 1,145,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1067Top View Post
Hey Tremontpa, what about southeastern PA? I really don't consider Berks County part of the Philly countryside. This is my favorite part of PA. We don't get as much snow and it is not as cold as the rest of the state (noticeable difference), there's a lot of farm country and we're close to NYC and the shore.
Berks County is classified in different regions by different people. The census bureu places it in the Philly metro, some organizations consider it central Penn, and others go as far to place it in its own category. For this survey I would put it under Philly and its Countryside.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 AM

54 posts, read 147,595 times
NWPA is the true beautiful location, but it really doesn't look like PA up here, north of Meadville it's TOTALLY different. Once you get into Erie County you enter the Lake Plains, and the whole terrain slopes for 40 miles to the Lake Shore East to West is generally flat. Erie is more of a midwest town in design seeing as we don't have to build into hill sides and mountains...LOL

The Lake the Forests and the Winter Green Gorge, make this area just in Erie County section of NWPA so majestic...

Oh, and our sun sets are 2nd best in the USA seeing as those punks in Hawaii, get rated slightly better!....#1 in the continental USA!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,248,988 times
As for cities I'd pick downtown Philly, for rural area's, I like north central Pa. all along Rt.6 through Mansfield, Wellsboro, Coudersport ect.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Ah Coudersport. I love e victorian downtown of Coudersport. However, from my short trip through Bellefonte, that borough would have to rank higher. It has the essence of the Guilded Age.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 AM

41,737 posts, read 74,692,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianSensor View Post
Oh, and our sun sets are 2nd best in the USA seeing as those punks in Hawaii, get rated slightly better!....#1 in the continental USA!
I will graciously allow Hawaii to have a better sunset ranking than Erie, LOL. Maybe 'cause Hawaii's sand isn't as gritty.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:34 PM

160 posts, read 636,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
My favorite region is the part where you exit and the the sign says that you're in a different state.
That kinda depends on what different state you've crossed into, and what that area is like.

There are worse places than PA. A lot worse.

I voted for the coal region because of the fabulous scenery. And the ethnic blue collar demographic reminds me of where I grew up in west/central NJ. I went to quite a few estate auctions there in the 90s and the older folks always reminded me of my aunts and uncles.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 21,249 times
Anyone have any thoughts on relocating to the York Co. area? We've been looking around Dallastown, Spring Grove, Seven Valleys, Shrewsbury. We have 3 kids, elem ages and are looking to settle down someplace safe, friendly and great for a family.
I'd appreciate any thoughts.
We are currently in Myrtle Beach, SC

Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter9988 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on relocating to the York Co. area? We've been looking around Dallastown, Spring Grove, Seven Valleys, Shrewsbury. We have 3 kids, elem ages and are looking to settle down someplace safe, friendly and great for a family.
I'd appreciate any thoughts.
We are currently in Myrtle Beach, SC
I actually live near York Co. There are some very nice areas and I would recomend that you look into living withing the West Shore School District. It has a system of fine elementary schools. Also, try to find a home in Newberry or Fairview townships. They are growing areas with very good governments and have fantastic police forces. The area is very safe. if you need any more information feel free to contact me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania