Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:31 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,560,691 times

Advertisements

Where is everybody? Hope we could get a bunch of us to be on here alot more! I am on another group for gardening and we are one big family. We are on the site almost all day and night. Hope to meet some new friends here and when we move back up north to Wayne/Pike county pa!!!!
Hey, anybody wanna go to Old Forge for some pizza??? LOL (Italian 100% here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2006, 05:31 PM

598 posts, read 2,262,251 times
Hello fellow floridian Curious what made you choose that part of PA? We're trying to choose between Pittsburgh area and Knoxville TN... We moved from Beaver Co. PA over 20 years ago to Tampa Bay, so Pitt is a very strong possibility Have you been up to PA since living down here?

Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Hi summergal

We fell in love with Northeastern Pa. over 30 years ago. We were up a few weeks ago and it is still just as beautiful. I miss our family and Christmas like I remember it.
We were in Tennessee also but it's not for us...

Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Oh I can definately relate to the Christmas memories! I haven't seen snow in 22 years It's just not Christmas without it ya know? What didn't you like about TN?

Old 06-15-2006, 08:13 PM

I love the tourist parts of Tenn. but when you get away from there, the people are really mean towards outsiders. I remember driving through one little town with my DH (dear husband) and we were not in a tourist area.
We stopped for gas and the men in the gas station saw that we had NY plates and totally ignored us. So off we drove to another place for gas.
Then at the restaurant the waitress was so rude to us.
I would rather stay closer to home, like Pa. NJ, NY...!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:05 PM

Wow that's surprising. I didn't really think about it, but now that you mention it, we stopped in Chattanooga on vacation to pick up a couple things at the grocery and the people there were nasty. Just trying to get down the isles without causing any fuss was tricky. It seemed like everyone just stood there with their carts in the way and when you said "Pardon me" to get by, they just glared at us with snarly faces and didn't let us by! They all acted like it was such a bother to move 2 inches. We were so glad to get out of there. But then, when we were driving around between Knoxville and the mountains, people were very friendly. I guess that is tourist territory lol

Well we are still looking at TN but I'm fairly certain we will be going back home to PA. We could easily buy a home for cash there and live in the country with the woods all aound us. AHHHhhh... there's no place like home...

Old 06-16-2006, 03:34 AM

69 posts, read 491,095 times
hey, you have to come down to the jersey shore boardwalk for some great pizza!!! me to (100%ITALIAN) and proud of it

Old 06-17-2006, 02:47 PM

Howellnj,
ah ha! There is no place like home. I figure if we buy in Wayne or Pike County that is as close to home without all the high taxes of NY and NJ.
We will be down at the shore for some good Pizza!!!! Point Pleasant all the way...ya and some good cannoli's too.
Summergal,
The people in Tenn. can have it to themselves. They don't know how to smile. Come to PA!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM

Hi guys, well I am just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring...where are the buyers?? I hear that even in Jersey there are homes for sale all over.
My sister lives in Manalapan and her development has tons of homes for sale.
We need to get the renters to start buying! Those interest rates are going up, so now is the time to buy. Great homes out there for great prices too.
geez~!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 AM

125 posts, read 503,589 times
I agree buy our houses down here in FLA. We want to move to Penn. No lookers at this end either. Wanting to sell before August. I don't want to give my home away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania