Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 22,924 times

Advertisements

Hi. I work at an economic development office.
Their website is real informative on Bedford, PA and Bedford County.
Check it out!! http://www.bcda.org/
Hope it answers some of your questions.
Take care!
~Melanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 12:43 PM

14 posts, read 114,536 times
Default Bedford, Pa

Thanks for the website. I fond it very informative and helpful. Appreciate you sharing it!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Bedford

I live in Bedford and I'm glad I could help. Take care.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Bedford, PA

Can you tell me how difficult it would be for me to find a job in Bedford?
My husband will have one, but I will be unemployed. I have a BA in English although I do not have my teaching certificate.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 PM

Post Bedford Jobs

We have a new warehouse going up called REI (Recreational Equipment Incorporated). Which you would of read about on the www.bcda.org website on the home page. They are taking a few applications for supervisory jobs and will begin taking applications in June or July. You can keep watch on their wesite at www.rei.com. The CareerLink office has employment listings and workshops. Their site is http://www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us/ Click on the Job Seeker Services and then Search for Jobs. That will show you the job openings in our area. You can also sign up with CareerLink and they will help you. They are also connected with REI for taking applications.
The historic Bedford Springs Resort is going to reopen in June after undergoing a 120 (M) million-dollar facelift. Their website is www.bedfordspringsresort.com. I'm not sure how to get in contact with them for jobs. Maybe check with the CareerLink office. CareerLink's phone number is (814) 623-6107.
Have a good evening!
~Melanie

Old 03-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Bedford

Thanks...

I appreciate the info.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:23 AM

Your welcome. You can also look for jobs in our local paper. They have a website also that you can look into. www.bedfordgazette.com I think the link you want to click on is job openings. There was some teaching jobs in there. Good luck!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,502 times
Default More on Bedford

When you talk about commuting times, you need to remember that here the commute is quick to everywhere. We measure commutes by distance not time and you can plan on a 40 mile commute to take about 45 minutes. In larger cities it may take you 45 minutes to go 5 miles.
Bedford is a great place to live and raise children. We do have some minor crime and there are drugs available if the kids look for them but compared to other areas, we are blessed.
If you tell me what interests your son has, I can give you more specific info on what might keep him busy.
The local hospital is small but a part of UPMC which has many hospitals in the Pittsburgh area. I have worked there for years and can tell you we give excellent care.
As for the bears mentioned by another reply. I live on a mountain in prime bear country and have only seen a few and they are black bears that are vegans and very shy {unless you let your trash out}. I have never heard of a bear injuring anyone in our area.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Bedford

My son loves hockey and tennis. My husband and I love the mountains and nature (not bears though)!
Thanks for the explanation about commute time--we have so much traffic here that a 40 mile commute would probably take a few hours here.
Glad to hear that the hospitals aren't too bad. When you have health problems, having adequate medical care becomes paramount!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,994 times
Default Bedford Question

I'm new to the forum and haven't quite figured out if I'm replying to a thread or starting my own...

Bedford was my mother's home town and I spent a lot of time there in the 50s. Does anyone remember a local character named "Judge" Davidson? He had a little museum, on Pitt St., east of Richard, crammed with local relics, junk and, especially, firearms. My dad spent a lot of time there, buying and swapping firearms.

I've always wondered who "Judge" Davidson was and what became of him and his museum. As I recall, he had a remarkable resemblance to Col. Sanders of fried chicken fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania