Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:06 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,483,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
What do I hate about PA? People with this type of negative thinking.
'Negative' meaning people who aren't afraid to be up front with their observations rather than trying to put on a front but saying similar behind people's backs? Negative because you don't agree with it?
Must be that PA definition of negative again

Old 09-22-2008, 05:29 PM

641 posts, read 2,372,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
What do I hate about PA? People with this type of negative thinking.
I'm not in PA. And if you are lookin to pick a fight, kid, try the political forum. Don't bring that stuff in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA
'Negative' meaning people who aren't afraid to be up front with their observations rather than trying to put on a front but saying similar behind people's backs? Negative because you don't agree with it?
Must be that PA definition of negative again
It's the Pennsylvanian train of though. Mob pack mentality. Bash the OP or any poster for not expressing the same blind ignorant love for PA that they do..

Folks, keep it clean and quit bashing me for my observations. I don't bash you for liking PA(maybe i should). But this thread isn't about what you like about PA.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM

259 posts, read 851,657 times
oh and too many semis on I-81...well basically the entire Harrisburg region...lol.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
I'm not in PA. And if you are lookin to pick a fight, kid, try the political forum. Don't bring that stuff in here.

It's the Pennsylvanian train of though. Mob pack mentality. Bash the OP or any poster for not expressing the same blind ignorant love for PA that they do..

Folks, keep it clean and quit bashing me for my observations. I don't bash you for liking PA(maybe i should). But this thread isn't about what you like about PA.
I gotta hand it to ya,you got nerve coming into a state forum and going against the grain Although at times I get fed up myself taking what I do on a daily basis living here and wanting to vent back...
Btw if you're in another state now why would you even bother?
If I ever got out I wouldn't even look back

Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdude2018 View Post
oh and too many semis on I-81...well basically the entire Harrisburg region...lol.
Trudat. Every time I got on 81, I expected to get blown all over the road by these semis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA
I gotta hand it to ya,you got nerve coming into a state forum and going against the grain Although at times I get fed up myself taking what I do on a daily basis living here and wanting to vent back...
Btw if you're in another state now why would you even bother?
If I ever got out I wouldn't even look back
Ha yeah, I'm trying to prevent others from making the same mistake that I did by moving to PA. Looks like I didn't get to you fast enough.

I know there are drawbacks to living everywhere, but in PA's case, the drawbacks seem to outweigh the perks like a fat kid to an anorexic.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to add, feel free. I thought I covered all of the base but I guess I didn't.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,100,260 times
Quote:
...Ha yeah, I'm trying to prevent others from making the same mistake that I did by moving to PA. Looks like I didn't get to you fast enough.

I know there are drawbacks to living everywhere, but in PA's case, the drawbacks seem to outweigh the perks like a fat kid to an anorexic.
Just curious but how is this "offering my observations" and not personal?

You sound like you have a vendetta, or an axe to grind.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Just curious but how is this "offering my observations" and not personal?

You sound like you have a vendetta, or an axe to grind.

well do you have anything to add or not?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:01 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,100,260 times
I'm a PA resident, and a PA booster. This whole thread COULD be a way for people to vent and share the things that anger us about living here. Then we could airmail the thread straight up the you-know-whats of our visionless state representatives.

Your original list had some good negatives, like bad roads, bad liquor laws, and a bad tax system. The problem is that your posts have little integrity because instead of fostering discussion about these issues, you rant and rave and sound like a child. More than anything, you and StuckPA are trolls, not because you lambast PA, but because you lambast PA like you have nothing better to do. And apparently, even now that you are living in NH, you still have nothing better to do.

I just checked some of your other posts and apparently you can't find decent work in NH, either. Maybe the problem is you and not the states in which you live. But of course most of us thought that already.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Trudat. Every time I got on 81, I expected to get blown all over the road by these semis.
81 is pretty bad with trucks even down to southern VA as far as I've seen.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
I'm a PA resident, and a PA booster.

More than anything, you and StuckPA are trolls, not because you lambast PA, but because you lambast PA like you have nothing better to do. And apparently, even now that you are living in NH, you still have nothing better to do.
Wait how does my name always come up in these things?
First off my target is not PA as a whole,I've even added things to discussions about PA in general. It's when this place gets a little too rough that I have to address things,but apparently everyone has a nice comfy life here and their bellies are full so they couldn't care less what kind of things others may be up against here. They just utilize their passive-aggressiveness to defend the wonderful name of PA at all times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania