Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby View Post
calling someone a dumb dutchie - you dont think that is rude and insulting?
Sure it might be,but first of all I wasn't the one who said it and second you live in the northeast,you should be able to take something like that. Anyway it wasn't directed at you personally so why stress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 05:37 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
And you wonder why threads get locked.... Everybody put down your sticks and stones and get back to the old general negativity. Cut out the dumb dutchie stuff too, you're talking about my relatives!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:48 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The person who started this thread is a legend! I made a big mistake a few years ago not following through with a move. It's been a downward spiral ever since but things have lately been improving for the better. Even so Im trying to get out of here and I know it this time. If it was'nt for my radio gig which does'nt pay anyway I would have stayed away the first time. But, I missed that dang microphine and came running back. Im now truly ready to leave and make the break. It's a mental thing. You really have to let everything go and not question yourself. I was'nt ready to do that in 05 and flaked out. In 08 it's a different game. I could leave after the election. Not that voting is gonna matter anyway, but financially I'll be in better shape. Im oh so close to packing up and going. More than likely to the chagrin of many I should be outta here! Even if I meet a woman who sparks my interest, (which is doubtful since Im set on leaving and that is always stated upfront whenever I talk to some floosy in a bar). my time is almost done here. I will escape from this Lehizzle Valley and all the Dumb Dutchies!

That's the spirit buddy! Packing up and rollin out is what I did, and I ain't doin too bad right now. First few months were very shaky, but I've pretty much landed on my feet, especially in the last week or two. I waited 3 years before I saw the opportunity to pack up and hit the dusty trail. I've found that the people up here blunt, bold, and honest. I like that. They are also more down to earth, no offense to you PA'ians, but some of yas act like you're on mars.

Wow you people have thin skin. wowbaby, calm down and have a drink, lol

Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
I've found that the people up here blunt, bold, and honest. I like that. They are also more down to earth, no offense to you PA'ians, but some of yas act like you're on mars.

I think most people here have thin skin,especially for being in the northeast region which is supposed to be the most dog eat dog place there is in the country! Though I have seen my share of people who don't get out much

Rooster you didn't have to go all the way to NH to find people who are blunt...NJ is right next door Although I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get far away from a place you didn't like

Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I think most people here have thin skin,especially for being in the northeast region which is supposed to be the most dog eat dog place there is in the country! Though I have seen my share of people who don't get out much

Rooster you didn't have to go all the way to NH to find people who are blunt...NJ is right next door Although I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get far away from a place you didn't like
I don't like Jersey much, too many obnoxious Yankee fans and bad drivers. Plus they call it the armpit of the nation. And since PA borders NJ, PA doesn't smell all that great either.

I think you're right. People in this forum are so defensive and harsh that it almost seems that they are trying to cover up PA's many downfalls. This was fundamentally the thought I was having about the subject. I suppose this will never change. And then we have these childish people that diss NH as if I should get mad. LMAO, I could care less. Come to the NH forum and diss it all you want. Your reverse psychology won't work on me, because we think on different wavelengths.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I don't like Jersey much, too many obnoxious Yankee fans and bad drivers. Plus they call it the armpit of the nation. And since PA borders NJ, PA doesn't smell all that great either.
I agree on the NJ thing as far as the people,but compared to the area I'm in now Jersey is actually an improvement! Pretty scary. And I'm not trying to be insulting,just the way I've felt since observing what I have for all these years.

[/quote]I think you're right. People in this forum are so defensive and harsh that it almost seems that they are trying to cover up PA's many downfalls. This was fundamentally the thought I was having about the subject.And then we have these childish people that diss NH as if I should get mad. LMAO, I could care less. Come to the NH forum and diss it all you want. Your reverse psychology won't work on me, because we think on different wavelengths.[/quote]

I agree on the different wavelengths also,that's what it boils down to for me as well. Like I said on all the forums on this site I've been to I hardly encounter the resistance I do here. They seem to be able to dish it out but can't take it.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times
Quote:
That's a dumb and insulting statement right there
I've done just fine in other places,but longer I'm here and the more overly defensive people I encounter it just gives me that much more material
I find it somewhat ironic how people here claim to be so friendly yet are ready at a moments notice to jump on people whose experiences might not be like yours.
Like I said before,I do fine in the rest of the forums on this site...even the political debate room is not as tough as this one!

Practice what you preach....
These are your comments to me....

"And I thought you just created that screename to be funny

Sure any place is great when you're living it up,but there are also people here that aren't having those great experiences so that should be a consideration also."
AND
"Uh ok party lady...perhaps one day...some day you'll fall on really hard times and maybe,just maybe you'll survive them. Then you'll truly understand what it's like for some people."

Pardon me for defending the State that I live in. If you don't like it...do something about your personal situation. Instead you choose to bash everyone else who loves living in Pa. I'm not trying to cover up anything.
Like other posters have said...you are adding NOTHING constructive to this forum...just getting the people who loves their state all would up....Maybe this is why you don't like where you live. Maybe you **** people off everywhere you go... Maybe you are just too hard to please and always looking for negativity. Try putting a smile on your face and enjoying life, where ever the heck you live. Don't be so dang miserable for crying out loud!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
That's the spirit buddy! Packing up and rollin out is what I did, and I ain't doin too bad right now. First few months were very shaky, but I've pretty much landed on my feet, especially in the last week or two. I waited 3 years before I saw the opportunity to pack up and hit the dusty trail. I've found that the people up here blunt, bold, and honest. I like that. They are also more down to earth, no offense to you PA'ians, but some of yas act like you're on mars.

and this is what you posted just 2 weeks ago...

"I saved lots of money last year for the move I made, to finish college and moving expenses. Shortly after I moved here, my car kicked the bucket. I still can't find a job, I'm broke and now I'm forced to go on welfare so I don't lose my apt. I've applied for almost every McJob within a 5 mile walking radius of my residence. Either no call backs or "not hiring at this time". How do you go from almost $20K to the good to being $6K in debt in 3 months?

Not liking this economy too much."

So....what is it....your not doing too bad, or you are on welfare? All your posts are loaded with negativity and it is always someone elses fault.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Pardon me for defending the State that I live in. If you don't like it...do something about your personal situation. Instead you choose to bash everyone else who loves living in Pa. I'm not trying to cover up anything.
Like other posters have said...you are adding NOTHING constructive to this forum...just getting the people who loves their state all would up....Maybe this is why you don't like where you live. Maybe you **** people off everywhere you go... Maybe you are just too hard to please and always looking for negativity. Try putting a smile on your face and enjoying life, where ever the heck you live. Don't be so dang miserable for crying out loud!!!
And again,sorry I don't have the happy gene and for your information I do not **** people off wherever I go nor am I hard to please at all...if willing to live in a shack in the mountains is being hard to please I'd hate to see otherwise!
I'm not trying to 'bash' everyone that loves PA,but if they're going to try and hang it over my head and throw it in my face then yes I'm going to have a comeback.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
And again,sorry I don't have the happy gene and for your information I do not **** people off wherever I go nor am I hard to please at all...if willing to live in a shack in the mountains is being hard to please I'd hate to see otherwise!
I'm not trying to 'bash' everyone that loves PA,but if they're going to try and hang it over my head and throw it in my face then yes I'm going to have a comeback.
sorry STUCKPA, but if you don't want people's love for Pa hung over your head or thrown in your face when you insult Pennsylvanians...you are OBVIOUSLY hanging out in the wrong forum!!!!

Why settle for living in a shack in the mountains...any particular reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania