Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 06:10 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Just because you quote someone, doesn't mean you read everything that you quoted. Which obviously you hadn't...

Calm down. What's up with all those question marks? You only need one, lol. As I would say, you are vacant between the ears. How did we come to arguing again? Oh wait, you stuck your nose in my business...

Folks, C'mon now. Can we please try to be civilized? I was at least attempting to keep it diplomatic. Sometimes I think I'm the only one that puts forth the effort around here. It's a curse sometimes. Anyway, I don't want to argue like this, but when people take my posts from non-state forums and display them in other forums, we have problems.

How can one insult another poster, and feed the flames to such a absurd immature thread, and then come out and ask people to be civilized and making this elementary thread diplomatic?

Would this please just get locked? I can find more intelligence in a Sarah Palin interview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 AM

641 posts, read 2,369,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
How can one insult another poster, and feed the flames to such a absurd immature thread, and then come out and ask people to be civilized and making this elementary thread diplomatic?

Would this please just get locked? I can find more intelligence in a Sarah Palin interview.
Can anyone in this thread read? I said I tried to keep it diplomatic and flame free. It's not that easy when people continously "forum stalk" you and scrounge up posts you made like 3 weeks ago.

Sarah Palin? Ha! Was she really that bad in that interview with Katie Couric? I heard that it was a complete train wreck?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:06 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,654,704 times
I can remember when there was a big blizzard, no one could travel any further on Route 80. This was a late storm, if I am not mistaken it was in April!
Some of the churches in Mt. Pocono opened up, and people on ATV's and in AWD vehicles went out to rescue these stranded, cold, and "parked on 80" families.
Strangers helping strangers.........bringing those out-of-staters, or in-staters, to a safe abode.
These are the kind of people I know and love ........the true Pennsylvania people.
Good for kindness, out reaching, concerned and down -to- earth.

PS You said you" just didn't like one state PA", then a few posts back you added "NJ".......and if I am not mistaken a bit ago.....I would swear I heard you knock your new home of NH.
"Happiness is an inner thing, ya' either have it or ya' don't.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,504,937 times
I think you are on to something Summering. Perhaps those that dislike PA just need to hear some more uplifting stories....

This summer when I was at the grocery store there was an elderly lady who appeared to be trying to put her shopping cart away. I ran up to her and offered to do that for her. She thanked me but said that she had just retrieved it from the cart storage area so she could take it into the store. She said I was the third person that had (mistakenly) offered to help put the cart away.

There's a negative about PA - too darn many helpful people!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:58 AM

641 posts, read 2,369,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I think you are on to something Summering. Perhaps those that dislike PA just need to hear some more uplifting stories....

This summer when I was at the grocery store there was an elderly lady who appeared to be trying to put her shopping cart away. I ran up to her and offered to do that for her. She thanked me but said that she had just retrieved it from the cart storage area so she could take it into the store. She said I was the third person that had (mistakenly) offered to help put the cart away.

There's a negative about PA - too darn many helpful people!
In PA, I was hit by people and their shopping carts like three times, and they didn't even say as much as a grunt, and walked off. Ironically, two of those three times, I was waiting for the aisle congregation to break up so I could get through.

Up here, people actually tell you cut in front of them if you have less items than they do. I found it odd, but refreshing and considerate.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,617,863 times
Quote:
Up here, people actually tell you cut in front of them if you have less items than they do. I found it odd, but refreshing and considerate.
I see that all the time here at Wegmans and the grocer down the street from me.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 AM

248 posts, read 797,947 times
that happens in our grocery store here too.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:39 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,504,937 times
I agree, it's pretty much a normal thing wherever I've lived - If someone behind you has just a couple of items, you let them go first and if you have just a few things people let you go first. Not a big deal.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:50 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,468,828 times
I think it also depends on where in PA you are,it's a huge state...
I've had ok experiences in other parts and not so ok in others

Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 PM

45 posts, read 127,468 times
Quote:
I'm a Steelers fan, ace.

But I thought you hated PA and we all know that Steelers are in PA so you really can't like them can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania