Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,208,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
I've been a Steelers fan since the age of 7, long before I moved to PA. I'm not gonna change my mind and hate the team just because it's in PA. That is outright juvenile and stupid. I'm not sure what your thought process was when you quoted me on this one, lol. I've frequently commented that the only thing I liked about PA was the Pittsburgh Steelers

I'm also a fan of the Packers and the Patriots.
Pick a team, buddy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,932,967 times
These PA haters are entertaining. They must of had a really bad time here. I could hate this state and focus on all the negatives, but I got other things to do.

Anyways, when I go grocery shopping I usually push old ladies and toddlers out of the way when I get to the register. It is the PA way!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM

45 posts, read 127,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
So who else lives here if not just that?...Oh the yuppies I forgot

As for the hard times,it just makes them that much harder when you've got to contend with irritating people on top of it all

Go Braves
So there are old people, white trash, union people, and yuppies in PA and that's all? 12 million people all fall into those 4 categories?

Do you think it's the other people and not you? People tend to be nicer when you are nice to them.

The Braves? Man they stunk this year.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwads31 View Post
So there are old people, white trash, union people, and yuppies in PA and that's all? 12 million people all fall into those 4 categories?

Do you think it's the other people and not you? People tend to be nicer when you are nice to them.

The Braves? Man they stunk this year.
That's another thing,my life isn't defined by sports like people here either

As far as being nice,it's not a question of that as I generally am the same way...so somewhere along the line I must've ran into too many un-nice people

Old 10-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
That's another thing,my life isn't defined by sports like people here either

As far as being nice,it's not a question of that as I generally am the same way...so somewhere along the line I must've ran into too many un-nice people

I only care about sports. I could care less about the arts or music. I say we just get rid of all our art museums in Philly and Pittsburgh and put all the money towards more sports venues! Philly in fat has the worst arts and music scene out of any city I have ever lived. When I lived there it was the only US city to bring a major portion of Salvador Dali's work in for a show. Nobody went to it, because nobody appreciates art there. Notice how PA's cities always rank so low for their arts, theater, and music.
Here in Pittsburgh we have crappy art museums, no good orchestra, no theater districts, or anything. It is only about the Steelers. Oh well, who needs that pansy crap anyways!

Don't worry about us PA people though. When we are cursing at you and kicking you when you go out shopping, that is just how we are nice! Well atleast out here in the western part of the state. I hear they even do it more because they are extra nice in the Philly part.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Pick a team, buddy...
Impossible. I'm not just a Steeler's fan. I'm a fan of football in general, slick. If there's a game on, I watch it, even if it is not the teams that I follow directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000
nocturnal rooster, what did you move to PA for? Did you go here for college or something?
I moved to PA to get outta the south, and then realized I didn't go far enough north.

Quote:
What town did you live in? Did you live in any other part of the state?
Went from NEPA (Hazleton to W-B area, moved around there alot, didn't like it), then went to Harrisburg area, still hated it. People were more rude and wages didn't pay.

Quote:
I lived in Colorado before. I had a bunch of negative crap happen to me out there, I never put it on the state.

Also, there is a big difference out there if you live in Colorado Springs (military republican) to Denver (younger progressive liberal).
I was actually thinking about moving to Colorado, but didn't think my car would make the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwads31
Um yeah that's BS. I was always nice to people, but when I kept getting less than friendly outcome, I just stopped being nice. They thought I was being patronizing after being nice, so I just stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwads31
I was joking. I guess you can't take one. No wonder why everyone is critizing you.
I would have known you were joking if you put smilies after your message. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Old 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Impossible. I'm not just a Steeler's fan. I'm a fan of football in general, slick. If there's a game on, I watch it, even if it is not the teams that I follow directly.
Ummm so am I, but that doesn't mean I root for three teams...

Old 10-01-2008, 01:57 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Ummm so am I, but that doesn't mean I root for three teams...
What does it matter? Why do I have to pick a team? This is not nazi Germany. I can pick as many teams as I want to root for.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
What does it matter? Why do I have to pick a team? This is not nazi Germany. I can pick as many teams as I want to root for.
You're a fake football fan. Try telling TRUE Steelers fans you root for the Pack and Pats. They'll laugh in your face.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:05 PM

N.R., So you are saying you hate the place I live, but you never lived out here in the western part of the state. Pittsburgh people go out of their way for anybody. They are the most down to earth people out of anywhere I lived.

Denver, the people were nice, but there are so many transient people, so they tend to just stick to theirselves. I was happy to get back around Pittsburgh People. But thanks for stereotyping us as rude and mean people though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania