Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:22 PM

16 posts, read 73,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksro1102 View Post
I just signed a contract with LTS to have a "newbridge III" home built in their new development called cornerstone. If ordeal is horrible, then I can image what mine is going to be like, once they commence to building.
hicksro1102,

welcome to PA

actually my home just started to break ground bcs the permits took so long!!!
let me tell you the whole process takes so long and you have to make sure you
get whatever they promise in writting bcs at the end they tend to forget.

Who is your contractor??
By the way Cornerstone I was told is an upscale version from original lts builders, that is why they are so expensive.

What I got with my package it was all standard and upgrades put a hole in your pocket
check your contract very carefully!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 06:51 AM

13 posts, read 78,438 times
Get out of the contract if you can..not only will you regret building with LTS. LTS is going to nail you on every little extra, crown molding, light fixtures, switchplate,doors. It may seem like a good price, just wait until they start building. If you decide to stay with them ,make sure you have enough of a site-allowance. If they have to do any additional digging, you'll pay out of pocket. FYI, Brushy Mtn Road, where Cornerstone is, is a very heavy traffic /high speed (even though it says 35mph)road. Have you even found out or seen what the taxes are going to be? Stroud Twp, where you'll be is ,extremely high. Don't forget you are supporting the cost of the new school they are building on 447. We lived there 10 yrs ago with a little over an acre for $1600 a year, when we left last year, they were $4800. Be sure to figure that into you mortgage.
The one good thing I can say is if you have Josie or Corrie as your CA, you'll be very happy, they are both wonderful.

Also, have you done your homework about the East Stroudsburg/Stroudsburg area. If not, just read the Pocono Record. Read the article from Jan 20 "SARP officers ride rollercoaster on Friday nights ". Drugs, violence, gangs, robbery. You're best bet would be to go the Bangor/Mt Bethel area of PA. If you have children, don't bet on a great education.

Good Luck to you, you'll need it living there!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 PM

16 posts, read 73,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac17 View Post
Get out of the contract if you can..not only will you regret building with LTS. LTS is going to nail you on every little extra, crown molding, light fixtures, switchplate,doors. It may seem like a good price, just wait until they start building. If you decide to stay with them ,make sure you have enough of a site-allowance. If they have to do any additional digging, you'll pay out of pocket. FYI, Brushy Mtn Road, where Cornerstone is, is a very heavy traffic /high speed (even though it says 35mph)road. Have you even found out or seen what the taxes are going to be? Stroud Twp, where you'll be is ,extremely high. Don't forget you are supporting the cost of the new school they are building on 447. We lived there 10 yrs ago with a little over an acre for $1600 a year, when we left last year, they were $4800. Be sure to figure that into you mortgage.
The one good thing I can say is if you have Josie or Corrie as your CA, you'll be very happy, they are both wonderful.

Also, have you done your homework about the East Stroudsburg/Stroudsburg area. If not, just read the Pocono Record. Read the article from Jan 20 "SARP officers ride rollercoaster on Friday nights ". Drugs, violence, gangs, robbery. You're best bet would be to go the Bangor/Mt Bethel area of PA. If you have children, don't bet on a great education.

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SCARING ME !!!

Its too late for me to break the contract, my foundation was set last week =((

What else should i be on the look out during the construction phrase !!!

Now that you mentinoed the digging my home is being built in a small hill, and i was told they were going to try to even out the property???

I guess i will have to pay for that then

Old 02-06-2008, 06:04 PM

487 posts, read 1,375,243 times
When we built in Pike County, our builders hit rock ledge and had to blast. However, we were informed of this going in so it came as no surprise. The cost was built into our contract as a excavation allowance (above and beyond the cost for a "normal" excavation). Had blasting not been necessary, the money would have come back to us. As I said, though, we knew the surrounding lots required blasting, so this came as no surprise.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 AM

24 posts, read 81,121 times
Default Does not know what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac17 View Post

Maybe your should get your facts correct. Crown molding is included, light fixtures are included, switch plates are included, and most importantly doors are included. Oh the other thing is when they built my neighbors home all site work was included, matter of fact they got money back that was not used in the construction of their home. If you new what you where talking about the school on Route 447 (East Stroudsburg Elementary) is not in the school district that the Cornerstone development is in. Cornerstone happens to be in the Stroudsburg School District. Sounds like you have your head in the sand, drugs are everywhere, and if you did not realize it the "Pocono Record" glorifies everything. By the way cost of milk 10 years ago was $1.20. Boy, am I mad at those dairy farmers.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,822 times
My and my wife built in Cornerstone over one year ago. We have been here since 6/2008 and love it. Our home was built with no hidden costs and did not have to pay anything out of pocket we did not know about. The constuction was quality and have not had any problems with LTS. The only thing we were not told about was the taxes, they are high. We paid about 11,000 total for property and school taxes and were told 5,000. The school dostrict is Stroudsburg an dit is one of the best around. We are at lot 813, stop by neighbor if you have any questions.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,530 times
This makes me worry! The reviews are so mixed. We are in contract now and I am starting to wonder if it was a good decision. I am just curious of how many people actually did upgrades and how many kept everything standard?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,488 times
make sure they are paying their subs and don't have any liens...builders all over the poconos are filing for bankruptcy

Old 07-03-2013, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,016 times
We went to LTS because they were supposed to be the best. The salesperson are good at fooling you into believing everything you asked for will be in contract. Well after all the promises of the items we wanted added were not in contract and ended up costing so much more. I e-mailed the salesperson so many times complaining about all the lies to no avail. I liked the 10yr warranty on structural problems but guess what? everything you complain about like crack in foundation, nails coming through ceilings, not structual they say. They set us up with the highest interest rate for new construction and promised lower fee after house is completed. But you had to tell them 90 days before completion to get the deal so I ended up with 6.375 interest with good credit. I had to fight the bank forever with no help. I always thought there would be a final closing since the original mtg. did not have all the costs included that were in contract listed as "to be determined by builder" and they were a lot of extras determined by builder. How was I going to get all that extra money for that. Now I see they are no longer in business. Some warranty

Old 07-07-2013, 12:26 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
Unless something is happening out of the public eye, they're still in business. Greatly diminished in terms of size & employees, from what I see, but still in business.

But yeah, we visited LTS when researching builders and quickly realized they were not for us. They say "custom" home builders but would not build the home we wanted (we came in with a plan from a book). They are custom only with the models they already build. So not truly custom. I've heard them called "Liars, Thieves and Cheaters" also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania