Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 PM

13 posts, read 88,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1inPA View Post
Can you tell me what school my kids would go to? I see there is only one Middle and High School, but a few Elementary schools. I'm assuming Oklahoma, but I'm not sure...would this be correct?

Thanks...
That depends on which side of TL you live.

West and North is primarily Juniata. East and South, Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,760 times
Default Millions don't mean much...

There are many good people that live in the area, and they are very down to earth. If you are a ****-head, all of your millions won't mean a thing to the locals. If you and your wife are good people, then the arms will be open to you and you will be accepted like any other good American couple. I wouldn't worry about the African-American numbers unless you are a racist... then once again... same thing as far as the arms go. BTW> the two championship golf courses are great to play and will challenge you.

Good luck on your decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud dweller View Post
While watching my friend,who is a member, look for property on Treasure Lake,I asked my Caucasian friend to check the area for African-Americans
actually living there and was taken aback when he mentioned that there were none.
However,I am certain that a Doctor,myself,with millions to my prominent name,would be welcomed with open arms in the lake community.
My wife of 20 years,also a Doctor,and nine children would love the area.
I mentioned these homes to my funeral director brother and his family,who are also well off financially.New Cadillac every year etc.But he told me that I was a fool to puchase a $700,000 saltine box in an area where
the sunshine is as rare as hen's teeth.
Any thoughts on the matter,please direct them to my member friend.My wife and I are working with a realtor and will be paying cash for a summer home a.s.a.p.
Then my 6 brothers and 2 sisters are sure to follow.Good people.
Advise please.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 15,463 times
I live in Treasure Lake. I would check out realtor.com. But there are certainly some good deals.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 15,463 times
It depends where you live in the Lake. I live near New Providence Beach and my kids go the Juniata Elementary.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,293,738 times
Granted, there aren't many people of color in this area, but there are some. Penn State has a college there, and the local hospital employs a diverse workforce. For a small city, the traffic congestion can be a hassle, but it isn't a bad place to hang your hat.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 PM

35 posts, read 162,268 times
Default lakes

There are 4 lakes two you can boat on. A price range from 88k and up right now there are 66 to 70 homes for sale. Avage price for a good home is 100k to 180k then you have water frount that are 315k to 700k.

Nice place to live. I live in Brookville, PA 20miles west. But I work in Dubois, PA.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,772,762 times
I sold my home in TL a few years back and would NOT live there again for all the tea in China! Horrible water, couldn't cut a tree down on my own property unless I had permission from the POA, and heaven forbid you ever need an ambulance, it will take them a half hour or better to get to you. (Nearest ambulance service is in downtown DuBois about 8-10 miles away)

If you don't mind being told what color you can paint your house, or what you can and can't have in your yard, and so on and so forth, then go ahead, waste the money and live there.

There are plenty of beautiful homes in the greater Dubois area for sale, that you can own and enjoy any way you want, without worrying what the POA rules are.

Treasure Lake is way overrated.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM

35 posts, read 162,268 times
Default can be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
I sold my home in TL a few years back and would NOT live there again for all the tea in China! Horrible water, couldn't cut a tree down on my own property unless I had permission from the POA, and heaven forbid you ever need an ambulance, it will take them a half hour or better to get to you. (Nearest ambulance service is in downtown DuBois about 8-10 miles away)

If you don't mind being told what color you can paint your house, or what you can and can't have in your yard, and so on and so forth, then go ahead, waste the money and live there.

There are plenty of beautiful homes in the greater Dubois area for sale, that you can own and enjoy any way you want, without worrying what the POA rules are.

Treasure Lake is way overrated.
You can live in Dubois. Still can get into TL, with out to much trouble too. There are public areas inside that get you inside.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,577 times
Default Living in Treasure Lake A-OK

I searched for and traveled to over 30 private communities from Maine to Florida before settling in Treasure Lake. Treasure Lake is the largest private, gated community on the East Coast and maybe in the U.S. It is approximately 10 sq/miles in size with 3 lakes and 2 PGA golf courses among the many ammenities.

We appreciate that Treasure Lake is a structured and restricted community. We no longer have neighbors with junk all over their yards, no broken down cars lying about and properties that are in disrepair pulling down the value of our home as we had previously. There is no lunar landscaping as you find in typical residential communities. We have mature trees throughout the community that create a beautiful backdrop in the fall and allow for cool breezes in the summer. Wildlife is abundant and I've counted over 35 species of birds, including eagles right in my backyard. The the Pennsylvania Elk herd is about 30 minutes away! Numerous state parks are within 30-45 minutes as are Wineries, restaurants, hiking trails, fishing and hunting opportunities, many, many golf courses, antique shops, theaters and small villages to explore.

Ammenities and activities are too numerous to mention; you won't get bored here! The security is good. The people are excellent; friendly, helpful and well mannered. We have the best of both world's with the privacy and security of Treasure Lake and the convenience of the town of DuBois just 7 miles away with all of its shopping and restaurants.

We do have our own emergency services, security, fire and convenience stores right inside the front gate. Restaurants, clubs, health club, tennis courts, swimming pools, beaches, marina, ski lodge, camp ground, nature trails, sportsmans club, trout stream, wildlife plus much more round out the community facilities.

The POA (property owners assoc.) fee is minimal at approximately $600 a year. In my visits to other communities the average POA fee was about $3,200 a year for far fewer ammenities.

The price of housing is well below the national average; you can get a lot of home for the money here. Building lots can be purchased for as little as $1,000. If you are looking to relocate or retire, Treasure Lake is well worth the trip.

Treasure Lake is the upscale community with the small town feel and attitude. Hope to see you soon.

Last edited by Liebgroup; 03-30-2008 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: additional information

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,879 times
Hello, my wife and my daughter are looking to purchase a home in Treasure Lake, but we are looking for a great builder to rehab a home on the lake that we really like. Could you reccommend anyone good that charges a fair price?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania