Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times

Advertisements

Every year I find myself wishing I could play in some sort of softball league. I look around sometimes but never seem to find much information. It seems like there are church and bar leagues around but not sure if you can play unless you are a member. I haven't played for about six years and would be somewhat rusty to start so looking for something sort of laid back but competitive. I live in Snyder County. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Figured I'd give this a try again. Looking for baseball or softball leagues in the Snyder County area (willing to travel 20 or some miles).

Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 AM

518 posts, read 2,531,166 times
here's a league in schuylkill county, though that may be further away than you would like. maybe you could ask somebody from that site though that would know about a league closer to you.

Schuylkill County Modified Softball League

Old 04-09-2010, 02:32 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Every year I find myself wishing I could play in some sort of softball league. I look around sometimes but never seem to find much information. It seems like there are church and bar leagues around but not sure if you can play unless you are a member. I haven't played for about six years and would be somewhat rusty to start so looking for something sort of laid back but competitive. I live in Snyder County. Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated
Softball is kind of dying. The younger folks just have no interest. I think Sunbury still has a league at the Hamilton Field.

I played back a lot back in the '70s and every town seemed to have at least two separate leagues. I know Lewisburg had three. Sunbury had two and Selinsgrove at least two that I can remember.

Good luck. I had a blast playing and I still get the itch but I'm too old now. I still have my cleats and several gloves...lol

Perhaps you could find some info at the 'Softball Hall of Fame' in Sunbury.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar10 View Post
here's a league in schuylkill county, though that may be further away than you would like. maybe you could ask somebody from that site though that would know about a league closer to you.

Schuylkill County Modified Softball League
Little too far but definitely going to check out the website and maybe contact somebody on there. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
Softball is kind of dying. The younger folks just have no interest. I think Sunbury still has a league at the Hamilton Field.

I played back a lot back in the '70s and every town seemed to have at least two separate leagues. I know Lewisburg had three. Sunbury had two and Selinsgrove at least two that I can remember.

Good luck. I had a blast playing and I still get the itch but I'm too old now. I still have my cleats and several gloves...lol

Perhaps you could find some info at the 'Softball Hall of Fame' in Sunbury.
Thanks susquehannock! I'll check those out. I was thinking about contacting the Softball Hall of Fame last year but got switched to 2nd shift and couldn't play evening games. It's a shame that there aren't many leagues around anymore. Would give folks in the community more choices with things to do. It's also a shame that the younger generation isn't much into softball anymore. Ton of fun to play especially if you get into a fun and competitive league. I was going to join a tennis league again this summer but got busy and forgot to sign up. Always have had an interest in the hockey leagues in Sunbury. Not sure how the leagues work (thinking they have adult leagues). Maybe I'll save up and buy some new goalie equipment and see about playing next winter.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:17 PM

Figured I'd bump this in hopes of finding out more information. Tried contacting the Softball Hall of Fame last spring but they gave me the run around. The final person I needed to speak with would not return emails. Anybody have any info on local softball/baseball leagues?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
RJ, I wonder if the high school softball or baseball coach(es) would know of any adult teams in the area. My daughter (age 11) plays softball and I heard one of the parents last year saying he plays on a team too, but I never asked where (didn't interest me as an adult) and I don't remember his name or know any way to get in touch with him. Might be worth a call to the high school office, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania