Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,979 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

[mod]link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed[/mod] states that future job growth over the next 10 years is nearly 21% >> "The unemployment rate in Altoona, PA, is 4.40%, with job growth of 1.12%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 20.59%." << I've gone through the RECON charts and graphs and still cant determine what sector might be driving this.

Any thoughts on where this growth is likely to come from,(?) other than more big box retailers moving into the area.

Thanks for sharing !

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
People leaving to get the heck out of dodge! Altoona is not what it used to be...I am thankful I left. My family still lives on the outskirts and I hate it when we return for a visit.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:29 PM

199 posts, read 712,526 times
Well, I just moved to the outskirts of Altoona from Orange County in Southern California and I love as does all my family. While Altoona has some areas that need some serious work and some people that are not the type I would want to be friends with, there are many nice wonderful people here. It is all home and family here, not money, money, money. I have a lovely home with half an acre, good neighbors and friends and no stress. No rush hour traffic, no keeping up with the Jones's and I like it here. The lovely change of seasons, the neon colors of spring, the golds, reds and yellows of autumn, the snow at winter (and before LOL), the room to have a garden, sit on the porch and sip iced tea and watch the kids. Love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania