Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Christmas in PA, is any different then any other state?
Yes 4 14.29%
No 9 32.14%
About the same 10 35.71%
Not sure 0 0%
If YES please explain why? 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM

858 posts, read 3,043,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
compliments to you John...on a very nice...well recieved...positive Holiday
thread...
Well atleast we know I'm not all bad..

Thanks for the compliment Coartist88,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorrales View Post
John, I feel for you, I have lost my mom and dad to cancer and a favorite nephew in an accident.
Im very sorry to hear that.. Sometimes life throws some of us a hard ball..

Quote:
But I have not given up on life. My three daughters and 7 of my grandchildren are still in SoCal and though I have two grandkids and my son and DIL with me, this will be my first Christmas without at least one of my daughters.
Im glad you didnt give up!! I didnt myself but these times a year a hard.. But as sad is it my sound. It's nice to know Im not alone, when it comes to loseing loved ones.

Quote:
It will be tough, but I am thankful for what I do have. John, I live in Western PA, but if you want a place to come for dinner, please let me know.
Thanks very much for the invite.. Im going to try and spend some time with the wife and enjoy the hoilday the best I can..

You have yourself a wounderful hoilday!!

Old 12-24-2008, 07:26 AM

164 posts, read 384,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Well atleast we know I'm not all bad..

Thanks for the compliment Coartist88,

You don't seem bad to me at all ... what I see in you

Someone who has a very kind heart ...
Someone who when they care about something they care deeply ...
Someone who has very definte opinions ... and stong ones
Someone who is searching for the true meaning of Christmas ... not just the commericalism
Someone who shares .... thoughts ... feelings ... and memories ... and helps others to share the same.

There is no bad in you ... but that is just my opinion ... Merry Christmas John ... may it be a time for you to create new special memories for you and your wife!

Thank you so much for the gift of this thread!

Lus

Old 12-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
You don't seem bad to me at all ... what I see in you

Someone who has a very kind heart ...
Someone who when they care about something they care deeply ...
Someone who has very definte opinions ... and stong ones
Someone who is searching for the true meaning of Christmas ... not just the commericalism
Someone who shares .... thoughts ... feelings ... and memories ... and helps others to share the same.

There is no bad in you ... but that is just my opinion ... Merry Christmas John ... may it be a time for you to create new special memories for you and your wife!

Thank you so much for the gift of this thread!

Lus
Thanks, Lus, And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
No -- we haven't lost the true meaning of Christmas. The fact we still do it every year after all this stuff happens speak VOLUMES as to the deep roots we feel for it. I'd still feel Christmassy, even if we didn't have a tree, or presents or turkey -- it's just something about this time of year...

You need to tap into that little Christmas gene and decide what YOU want to do. And DON'T want to do. Make Christmas yours. Take it back, and don't be ashamed about it.

And the reason I say this? A few years ago Hubby bought me a book of short essays by Robert Benchley and in it was story about how awfully commercial Christmas had become, and it was a travesty and where was the Christmas of yesteryear, where people cared about each other and all the same stuff you guys are saying here.

It was written in 1928.

That was the year I stopped sweating Christmas.

God bless us, Everyone! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Well Christmas is here and soon will be gone… Hope everyone had a wonderful & peaceful holiday. Just would like to thank everyone that said so many nice and wonderful things in this thread. And there was a few posters such as myself that lost loved ones. It really was a very nice way for all of us to come together in one place and talk about are past.

This is one Christmas I surly won’t forget… Thanks to all the wonderful people that shared in this topic..

Peace, Love, & Happiness to all and to all a Good night!

John

Old 12-25-2008, 07:32 AM

558 posts, read 1,834,849 times
Merry Christmas Pennsylvanians. I hope to be back home in PA next year. There's no place like home.

It is still Christmas here in Florida even though it is going to be in the 80's today but I would rather see the snow.
Hopefully Santa brought along a pair of shorts and none of the reindeer get eaten by an alligator.

I'll never forget that the REAL meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ. Happy Birthday Jesus!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania