Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
HDA HDA started this thread

8 posts, read 33,769 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm new to learning about Delaware county and specifically Media... I now understand there are townships and am wondering if it is critical to live in one over another or what they are all about... is it just a delineation so that people know what direction you live in? or is there more to it? Is Upper Providence nicer or more affluent than Middletown, or vice versa??? How does it work?

ANY advice or information would be great. Don't understand how it works when all mailing addresses would say Media, PA... thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM

11 posts, read 76,277 times
Default about media

middletown and upper providence are both good areas and are both in the rose tree media school district which is good. media is alright although since it is accessible by public transportation and has quite a few rentals, it has declined ( I am speaking in relation to how it was all my life). other areas that are not far but are really nice are thornbury, newtown square, and glen mills

Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 AM
HDA HDA started this thread

8 posts, read 33,769 times
Thank you very, very much. I sincerely appreciate this feedback, it is extremely helpful. Truly. Do you know if the area of Middletown that includes Valley Road is a "good" area, or not so good? And does Valley Road have a speed issue? The reason I ask is it is a double yellow, but it is hilly and wind-y... curious to know if that is a nieghbor-y neighborhood... thanks so much again!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 PM

11 posts, read 76,277 times
cant say I have specific info about valley road, my mom lives in the area and has for years so I actually am bad with street names since I am so used to going there. sorry

Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 AM

22 posts, read 122,189 times
Default Media Area

I just joined so, just in case u still read these ;

Born & raised in Media & Upper Providence

As u probably know by now, Media really is a pretty nice town and is quite "busy" due to being the county seat. There are a few lower class areas, but in general very nice. Upper Prov & Nether Prov & Edgmont are ALL a little higher class than Middletown. Overall, pretty diverse if you're comparing "class status", with everything from low-income housing to mega-mansions of the lake (Springton).

Old 07-18-2007, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 7,101 times
Default Looking for people in media from year 1965-1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukewm View Post
I just joined so, just in case u still read these ;

Born & raised in Media & Upper Providence

As u probably know by now, Media really is a pretty nice town and is quite "busy" due to being the county seat. There are a few lower class areas, but in general very nice. Upper Prov & Nether Prov & Edgmont are ALL a little higher class than Middletown. Overall, pretty diverse if you're comparing "class status", with everything from low-income housing to mega-mansions of the lake (Springton).
I live in Media Pa. duning 1965-1967 We lived on East Front St. Our Family name is Falcone. My mom and dad cleaned Media and penncrest schools and also the movie place. If you name this name please contact me by email or by repley

Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,101 times
Lived In Media Pa. Loved it we lived on east front st. Last name Falcone
Anyone knowing this name would love to hear from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania