Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:48 PM

115 posts, read 430,498 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say that when I leave PA in a couple months time, that I will never set foot in this c-r-a-p state again. I have now learned my lesson when it comes to "going home". By this I mean, you should never return to the place where you had the fondest memories because it is never the same...........my family and I loved PA when we first lived here but it has completely changed for the worse...........we have only been here 5 months.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
To bad you feel that way, I do not agree with you assesment of PA.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:58 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
You'll have to explain why you don't like Pa and what happened to it. The grass is always greener and there are practically no areas that were as "good" as they once were.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
PA is a very diverse state. Where do you live?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM

558 posts, read 1,834,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedspaddy View Post
Just wanted to say that when I leave PA in a couple months time, that I will never set foot in this c-r-a-p state again. I have now learned my lesson when it comes to "going home". By this I mean, you should never return to the place where you had the fondest memories because it is never the same...........my family and I loved PA when we first lived here but it has completely changed for the worse...........we have only been here 5 months.
Not sure why you hate the great state of PA so much but good luck on your move. Different strokes for different folks.

I love PA and miss being there (I'm stuck in the Gunshine state right now ). I can't wait to move back to my sweet home Pennsylvania. I'm going to pull over and kiss the ground as soon as I cross the mason-dixon line at the Pennsylvania state border, lol.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:12 PM

149 posts, read 762,103 times
Mind telling us why you hate it so much?

The quality of any place is relative. PA is crappier than other states in some respects but better than many states in other ways. All depends what your preferences are.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,774,353 times
I've lived in PA for 9 months and I love it! That's why I moved here from MD, which I absolutely hated. I am originally from Ohio, but left almost 10 years ago, and I fully realize that if I move home, there is no way things will be the same as they were.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy here, and good luck wherever you end up.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 PM

115 posts, read 430,498 times
OK to be honest with you folks, I have always been a homeowner until we moved to this state but during the summer we were forced to do a short-sale on our house and not only did I lose a lot of money but my credit was destroyed by it as well. So we move to this state and rented out a house.............all was well and good until I disputed the necessity of a pet deposit especially when the landlord had not replaced the stained up carpets that he had promised to from the previous tenant. I asked for the landlord to either replace the carpets or drop the remaining portion of the deposit. He did nothing except ignore my phone calls......so when I refused to pay the remainder of the deposit he threw my a-s-s in court without any warning. Now I decided to pay up before the court date but that wasn't what frightened me...........it was the fact that I discovered that tenants in PA have absolutely no rights whatsoever especially in this Pro-landlord state and can be evicted in less than a month. Its not that I don't want to pay my rent but from what I found out is that seems pointless to fight any disputes because it appears that the court will always side with the landlord.

Other things that have shocked us has been the rapid rise in real estate taxes since we originally left........they have increased so much that we would not even consider buying a house here when we get in a position to buy again in a few years.

We have been so disgusted by the way we have been treated by the school system. My wife and kids have a very rare blood disorder that doesn't always fit the school timetable..........all of them are regularly sick. Two weeks after my kids started at their new school, I was out of state on my job and my wife had a medical emergency and because there was no one who could watch our kids at such short notice, she took them out of school around lunchtime and took them to her doctor. A week later we get a letter that if my kids have 2 more unexcused absences the rest of the school year then we will have to go to court................and this was after we had explained everything to the school about the disease and its possible consequences. I took this as an insult especially after we spoke to the superintendent of schools who in his cold voice said that there was no exceptions to this rule..........even for medical issues.

Then we discovered that none of the doctors in the area know anything about my wife's rare disorder.

So my impression of PA is it is an uncaring, court happy and tax-you-to-death state that I don't want any part of. Yes I know there are other states that are a h-ell of a lot worse especially on taxes and pointless state laws but I think because I enjoyed PA so much when I was here last that I had more than usual high expectations for our return.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedspaddy View Post
Just wanted to say that when I leave PA in a couple months time, that I will never set foot in this c-r-a-p state again
See ya

Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 PM

858 posts, read 3,043,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedspaddy
Just wanted to say that when I leave PA in a couple months time, that I will never set foot in this c-r-a-p state again

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
See ya
Don't let the door hit ya in the............ well we all know the rest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania