Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 12,455 times

Advertisements

if u dont mind me asking....how much was that ticket? cuz my friend got pulled over (after bring followed 1/2 way across town) and the officer gave him a "parking ticket" instead...-_- i think thats even more than what the original ticket is!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM

102 posts, read 305,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie25 View Post
if u dont mind me asking....how much was that ticket? cuz my friend got pulled over (after bring followed 1/2 way across town) and the officer gave him a "parking ticket" instead...-_- i think thats even more than what the original ticket is!!!

I got a ticket back in 2004 for my car being out of inspection, by 2 days, and my ticket was like $105 or something. I would think the expired registration is probably close to that.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 PM

44,901 posts, read 59,894,528 times
You only got a ticket?
Thirty years ago you would have been locked up and the car impounded unless it was parked at a licensed Inspection station.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:48 PM

102 posts, read 305,578 times
Well, lucky for me, I wasn't born 30 years before I got the ticket.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:07 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,753,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colebra17 View Post
Hi all,

The other day I was driving home from the store and got pulled over for expired registration. The thing that bothers me is my ta g was only expired for a few days. Is there any way I can get the fine revoked. It seems unnecessary for me to have to pay a fine for a registration that just lapsed a few days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I've been pulled over twice for a registration that was expired for less than 24 hours. Once, that was in PA. Sadly, there's nothing you can do about it. If the cop wants to be a jerk, the truth is, you're breaking the law.

I also once got pulled over for an inspection sticker that had been expired for like two days, and this was in PA. Heaven only knows how that guy saw it, given that it was night time when this happened... and he was a jerk too... the kind of guy whose attitude showed you within thirty seconds how many wedgies he was given, every day, in middle school.

These cops have to fill their ticket quotas and I'm sure that police departments are under pressure in these times of falling government revenues, to increase revenues by busting more law-breakers. Heaven knows, that's why I very rarely go more than 3 mph over the speed limit these days.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 PM

15,108 posts, read 27,560,213 times
I just have to question why not get inspected BEFORE expiration, etc.?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:23 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,753,857 times
Sometimes it just slips your mind. Haven't you ever had it happen where you think "I need to get my car inspected" and you don't have the time to do it? In PA, you have to get a private mechanic to inspect it and there weren't any mechanics I knew of, in my area, where you could just drive up and get an inspection done. The reason was that a PA state inspection took quite a while. They had to remove the wheels from your vehicle and everything. If you don't have the time to get it done, it isn't exactly easy. And you can't do it a month ahead of time... they'll give you a sticker for the month in which you get it done, so if your sticker usually says June and you get your reinspection done in May, you get a May sticker... not another June sticker.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:29 PM

145 posts, read 319,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
And you can't do it a month ahead of time... they'll give you a sticker for the month in which you get it done, so if your sticker usually says June and you get your reinspection done in May, you get a May sticker... not another June sticker.
This is not true. Where we took our cars in PA, you could get it done up to three months ahead of time. So, if your inspection was up in June, you could get it done in April, May or June and still get the June sticker.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM

44,901 posts, read 59,894,528 times
Y'all should have lived there when inspections only lasted for 6 months. And they all came due at the end of December and end of June.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,815,331 times
Should have lived in southern WV, where one could drive around a couple of years with an expired inspection before you'd be pulled over. And then, if you looked poor and drove a beater, they'd just give you a warning and some papers to submit when you got the inspection done ASAP.

You can renew PA registration online using a credit card, so I've never been expired in PA. I have driven around at least 30 days without the new sticker on the plate, and nobody in Pittsburgh pulled me over. Maybe they ran the plate first to see if it was worth their while to stop me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania