Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,752,613 times

Advertisements

I just hate vehicle inspections in general. It's just another excuse to ********* out of money you should be keeping. If someone wants to drive an old beater... why the heck not? I mean, really... how many old beaters are going to cause accidents that leave people injured or dead, just because the cars were old beaters?

And even if some cars would cause accidents like that, what's to say that an annual inspection would stop that? Even when I lived in serious-inspection Northeastern states, it was pretty common to see, for instance, cars broken down at the side of the road because a tie rod had snapped or something (the wheel was splayed out at a really weird angle).

I'm all against government interference in our lives... and in our vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,491 times
I admire all the anal folks who never forget any such thing. Sadly if the whole thing truly was to obtain compliance it could be so much easier to find by a reminder than a couple tickets and maybe a couple hundred dollar towing fee AAA won't pay. Guilty. Don't mind admitting it. Wish like heck I was perfect, too.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:57 PM

392 posts, read 1,061,398 times
Just be glad you don't live in Philadelphia or Erie. Immediate tow.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,756,167 times
Go and fight the ticket. Make sure that your registration is current when you go to court. Show the judge. Most likely the citation will be greatly reduced or even thrown out.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:04 PM

3,679 posts, read 2,213,326 times
Okay, I am in a pickle. I went to get my car inspected. The mechanic told me that one of my tires is bad and I need rear brake pads/rotors. I believe this guy on both counts because I have been hearing it from other mechanics that checked it. My car sticker says 11/11 so I know I need to get it done. I just ordered the tire so that isn't an issue. The issue is the brake job. Can't get it done until the lata part of Nov. because of funds. What to do?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,752,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Okay, I am in a pickle. I went to get my car inspected. The mechanic told me that one of my tires is bad and I need rear brake pads/rotors. I believe this guy on both counts because I have been hearing it from other mechanics that checked it. My car sticker says 11/11 so I know I need to get it done. I just ordered the tire so that isn't an issue. The issue is the brake job. Can't get it done until the lata part of Nov. because of funds. What to do?
Get a second opinion. When I lived out there, mechanic #1 said I needed a whole laundry list of things done, to pass inspection. Total was over $800, which I couldn't afford. So I went to a second mechanic, who said I only needed $112 in repairs to pass inspection.

Guess who I went with!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,530,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
If it's the later part of Nov and you have 11/11 you should be good; in PA both your registration (plate) sticker and the inspection sticker are good until the last day of the month shown. If you get the brakes done before the end of Nov you'll just be with the last minute crowd; you won't actually be expired until Dec 1.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM

3,679 posts, read 2,213,326 times
Thanks, Greg. I went on the PA DMV site and it pretty much said the same thing you are saying. Well, I knew I needed the brakes done but wanted to wait later to get them done. A pain but maybe better sooner than later in the long run.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,549 times
I plead not guilty to everything. I think registration, insurance, inspections, etc are all bs ways to increase revenue and keep us hard working ppl down. And rhe ppl who are agreeing are the real zombie idiots who believe its better to comply and blend in rhan be free and stand out. Not to mention rhe US supreme court has riled drivi g is a right not a privilege

Old 07-18-2014, 11:39 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,936,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzo View Post
I plead not guilty to everything. I think registration, insurance, inspections, etc are all bs ways to increase revenue and keep us hard working ppl down. And rhe ppl who are agreeing are the real zombie idiots who believe its better to comply and blend in rhan be free and stand out. Not to mention rhe US supreme court has riled drivi g is a right not a privilege
Is this pleading not guilty something you find yourself doing frequently? How's that working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania