Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM

11 posts, read 42,034 times

Advertisements

Central PA would mean anywhere from lancaster to altoona. I guess these areas dont count huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
That's far too large of an area. The Administrator and I strongly disagree about the plausibility of a forum specifically for the eight-county South Central PA area (Harrisburg/Carlisle, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Chambersburg, Gettysburg), but creating a sub-forum for an entire 1/3 of the state is WAY too big!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Because...........

ie why it does matter how big of an area it covers? ???

Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
Because...........

ie why it does matter how big of an area it covers? ???
...Because the Administrator has already made it clear to me that my efforts for an eight-county regional sub-forum for South Central PA were an exercise in futility because he had no more plans for "regional" sub-forums. He also said that he was monitoring the Harrisburg/Carlisle area for a new sub-forum but that activity levels for that area hadn't grown large enough as of yet to warrant its creation. I happen to disagree with him there, as I can conjure up a sufficient list of threads that would be pertinent to our capital city, but I'm not in the mood to get myself banned by questioning higher authority.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 AM

11 posts, read 42,034 times
Its like a dart board. You have all of the outer rim covered but NOTHING in the middle. I guess he must have been run out of central pa and has a grudge against it or something.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsteve View Post
Its like a dart board. You have all of the outer rim covered but NOTHING in the middle. I guess he must have been run out of central pa and has a grudge against it or something.
Originally this forum was "CITY-Data." As such this was supposed to be a forum to discuss relocation and/or pertinent topics about CITIES. Yes, we have the NEPA sub-forum, but just like South Central PA, NEPA is also, as an aggregate, a multi-county area that is interdependent upon several key areas; it would not have made sense at the time of that sub-forum's creation to make a forum specifically for the Poconos and one specifically for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. As that sub-forum's popularity continues to increase though, the time for a split into these two may be approaching. I would like to see separate city sub-forums for Harrisburg/Carlisle, Lancaster, York, and Reading, but that's not likely.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM

463 posts, read 1,564,621 times
I don't see how it matters whether you are able to talk about a certian city or area in the main PA forum or one of the sub-forums.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
It makes a difference when you're searching for something specific. There wouldn't be so many posts and threads to wade through. Some posters stay in their own areas and don't bother with the general PA forum. Some posts that ask questions in general PA go unanswered until they're moved to a more specific area where they get a lot of fast attention.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 PM

7 posts, read 15,106 times
There is:

www.city-data.com/forum/kentucky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania