Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 04:58 PM

12 posts, read 68,077 times

Advertisements

I have a project for school that requires me to spend $2500 for a week vacation in Mifflin County in the winter season. I can't find very much to do there. I cannot spend it in a surrounding county. Is there anywhere that you can rent snowmobiles?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 01:56 PM

222 posts, read 1,410,716 times
Spend it doing what? Are you spendinf real or imaginary money? There is a large population of Amish in the Belleville, barrville reedsville, milroy area. You could buy some home made goods, quilts or furniture. That would eat up your money very fast.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 PM

Unhappy Mifflin County info

My son posted the request for info last evening....this is his mother now. He is a high school freshman that has a research project due for a Family Consumer Science class which requires him to spend $2,500 (pretend money) in Mifflin County. He needs to plan a week vacation during a winter month doing leisure activities and cannot go outside of Mifflin County. Unfortunately, many businesses in Mifflin County do not have websites which makes it difficult to research.

He must do a daily itinerary and include mileage, costs of meals, activities and lodging. He is struggling to find activities to do.

I called the Chamber of Commerce today. They suggested the YMCA and the movie theatre. (nice vacation....hahaha). Actually, both women in the office were stumped. They did suggest calling the restaurants to ask them to fax a menu if they do not have websites. He will probably do that.

He told me this evening that the museums and golf courses are closed for the winter and tomorrow is calling the only ATV dealer in the county to see how much it costs to rent a snowmobile.

I'm sure the kid who got Centre county is enjoying doing his project!!!!!

Thanks for any help you may give.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
I use to have relatives who lived there. In the winter we would go ice-skating and even hiking if there wasn't too much snow!

Old 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM

69 posts, read 252,771 times
There are a couple of privately owned game reserves where you pay to hunt. I think it is quite expensive but you are guaranteed a trophy buck.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Game reserves

Do you know the names? My son needs documentation because it is a research project.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Do you know the names? My son needs documentation because it is a research project.
Sorry, this is not firsthand info and I'm not sure it is even legal, so I wouldn't want to give any names.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Remember not to post private data.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Remember not to post private data.
As I said, I wouldn't want to give any names!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania