Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Well they got enough room in a lot of those house to do dog dancing. My old pup used to do it.

H,mmm if they really are drinking wine and doing the sex thing in them houses, lot more peeps may be moving to Oil City than we think. Gangway, I'm packing the truck.

Do they have winery(s) in PA or is it going to be an import???

The babes I saw were basic but a few of them were quite nice. Who knew they were living on the edge????
Living on the Edge...

Old 03-16-2007, 06:35 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,111 times
Quote:
Wouldn't that kind of house make a fine bed & breakfast inn?

With all the interest in OC, demand for comfortable lodging and good food will increase. There really are some great-looking homes there! I love all the big trees, too.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:36 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,365 times
Quote:
Yeah, got to find the houses where they have all the wine and sex.

Or wait, till NAH buys the large brick 3 level 25 room house. Maybe that will also have wine and sex. Or at least a place to cuddle.
"A Candle for Every Room...",

Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,725,980 times
Default The Big Brick House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
Wouldn't that kind of house make a fine bed & breakfast inn?

With all the interest in OC, demand for comfortable lodging and good food will increase. There really are some great-looking homes there! I love all the big trees, too.
Keep in mine that particular house shown above is not in Oil City (Yet). We probably could get together and move it brick by brick in our cars.

At one time it might have been a B & B or maybe a rooming house. Might not be in all that bad shape, I go by it on trips up the river. It is actually in Ohio down by the Ohio River in the town of Clarington. Couple of other B & B's around, super nice one out west of me, one in town is for sale.

Maybe we have cranked NAH chain too much. He hasn't been around today. I sort of am understanding how he can get so focused on something like Oil City. Just hope when he finally / if he gets there it is not a let down. Sometimes anticipation is better than the real experience. Once you go there it is a lot better than a lot of people make out around here. Some of the really nice areas I didn't take pix's.

Maybe we should start a poll in what year will he finally leave Florida. As it gets near he always seems to chicken out and have an excuse to move the date back. Maybe he don't hate Florida as much as he says.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,202,674 times
First of all, crew, go back and read these posts- can you imagine what the OP must think! LOL- He gets onto city-data for real serious city data and asks a simple question, expecting to get real answers.....ROFLMAO! And he hears from what might, to the uniformed, seem like a bunch of nut jobs!-ha! so he goes to work and tells his boss, "I went to that webiste that you suggested, but...." Now he thinks his boss is a nut job..

And second, I would definately go to Oc for wine, sex and the other thing...errr... I mean for a meet up. I think we should pencil it in for next fall, when we go and have the house warming for NAH.

and third- NAH isn't responding because he is working on his website. I hope. I really want to see this thing through to a successful ending. And I WOULD make it up there for a get together. What better reason for a road trip!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,393,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
What better reason for a road trip!
You're thinkin' what everyone else is thinkin' aren't ya!

Them Oil City slickers are PIMPS!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 PM

5,759 posts, read 11,355,398 times
Ok, I'll sign up for the city data meet up in OC-PA too. Just give me a couple of weeks notice so I can get an cheap RT ticket from OC-CA to someplace within a few hours drive of OC-PA. Buffalo maybe? Southwest, the winged Greyhound, flies there so that's a maybe. OC-PA looks a few hours drive south of Buffalo, depending on the route I take.

Will there be a "tour of under $50K homes" for us out of town visitors? Complete with OC-PA locals for tour guides? There really might be lots of ways to earn a few bucks in OC-PA, in addition to setting up a big house with wine tasting rooms and "entertainment lounges".

I'll bring my walking shoes too for all those great hills around town. I love towns with hills, I grew up in San Francisco. Cosmic even said OC-PA reminded him a bit of SF, but I won't get my expectations up quite that lofty.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:25 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,202,674 times
There's the hook to the video-the OC CA- OC PA connection. (Can you hook them up as sister cities?)

Let's begin preparing the intinerary-

First afternoon/evening
Welcome reception for CD members at a small local eatery
welcome by mayor
townspeople invited to meet and greet
goodie bags of maps, local treats and tchatchkes (don't think they call them that in Oc PA)

Day 1
Tour of affordable homes- ending with the reveal of the elusive 50k home, high school band playing onsite

Board of Realtors event with lenders and chamber of commerce folks

Oc version of outdoor bbq-type event (is there a fairgrounds?) with townspeople, local musicians

Meetup at library
Presentation by Oc historical society/local historian
slideshow of the city- brief history up through today's highlights

Locals "adopt a CDer", taking us into their homes for a family dinner

Day 2
Halfday of shopping in surrounding area

Small group tour breakouts- walking tour/ bridge tour/ visit churches/ local government/ schools

Wine tasting/local artist reception- NAH presented with key to the city
NAH's t-shirts, bumperstickers other collateral available for sale
group photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Ok, I'll sign up for the city data meet up in OC-PA too. Just give me a couple of weeks notice so I can get an cheap RT ticket from OC-CA to someplace within a few hours drive of OC-PA. Buffalo maybe? Southwest, the winged Greyhound, flies there so that's a maybe. OC-PA looks a few hours drive south of Buffalo, depending on the route I take.

Will there be a "tour of under $50K homes" for us out of town visitors? Complete with OC-PA locals for tour guides? There really might be lots of ways to earn a few bucks in OC-PA, in addition to setting up a big house with wine tasting rooms and "entertainment lounges".

I'll bring my walking shoes too for all those great hills around town. I love towns with hills, I grew up in San Francisco. Cosmic even said OC-PA reminded him a bit of SF, but I won't get my expectations up quite that lofty.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:15 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,289,808 times
http://homepics.realtor.com/image9/http/alleghenyvalley/listings/large/064/131946.jpg (broken link)

Multi-family Property, County: Venango, Approximately 0.37 acre(s), Year Built: 1900

Property Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multi-family Property
County: Venango
5 total unit(s)
Year Built: 1900
Approximately 7015 sq. ft.
Heating features: Gas
Interior features may include: Basement, Cable TV avail., Wood flrs
Exterior features: Patio, Porch, Public sewer srvc, Public water supply
Vacancy factor: MVACTY
Unit 1 has 3 room(s)
Unit 1 has 1 bedroom(s)
Unit 1 has 1 bath(s)
Unit 1 is renting for $ 520
Unit 2 has 4 room(s)
Unit 2 has 1 bedroom(s)
Unit 2 has 1 bath(s)
Unit 2 is renting for $ 525
Unit 3 has 4 room(s)
Unit 3 has 1 bedroom(s)
Unit 3 has 2 bath(s)
Unit 3 is renting for $ 600
Unit 4 has 3 room(s)
Unit 4 has 1 bedroom(s)
Unit 4 has 1 bath(s)
Unit 4 is renting for $ 495
Approximate lot is 90 x 180
Approximately 0.37 acre(s)
Lot size is less than 1/2 acre
School District: Oil City

And he can live in the 5th unit only $99,000,have the renters pay your mortgage.

Last edited by mystree; 03-17-2007 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: removed realtor and phone #,not sure if allowed

Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,782,941 times
Quote:
Hereinfla: Let's begin preparing the intinerary-

First afternoon/evening
Welcome reception for CD members at a small local eatery
welcome by mayor
townspeople invited to meet and greet
goodie bags of maps, local treats and tchatchkes (don't think they call them that in Oc PA)

Day 1
Tour of affordable homes- ending with the reveal of the elusive 50k home, high school band playing onsite

Board of Realtors event with lenders and chamber of commerce folks

Oc version of outdoor bbq-type event (is there a fairgrounds?) with townspeople, local musicians

Meetup at library
Presentation by Oc historical society/local historian
slideshow of the city- brief history up through today's highlights

Locals "adopt a CDer", taking us into their homes for a family dinner

Day 2
Halfday of shopping in surrounding area

Small group tour breakouts- walking tour/ bridge tour/ visit churches/ local government/ schools

Wine tasting/local artist reception- NAH presented with key to the city
NAH's t-shirts, bumperstickers other collateral available for sale
group photo

OMG, that is soooo funny! And maybe we could even get Home Depot or While You Were Out or some home improvement show to help NAH get started in decorating! And maybe even a ticker-tape parade with the local Girl Scouts or Rotary! Oh man, this sounds like an adventure!!!

I wonder where NAH IS??? Do you think his Dad cut him off the computer for desiring Oil City?? Did anyone email him? We need to find out why he's not here -- this is a group project now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania